VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Hey,
Last night I finished hopefully the bottom bolts and parts. Many parts where installed.
Car is on its wheels. I have more parts to look for. Heater hoses. I found that aftermarket one that stays more away from the heat of the turbo. It's selling on UroTuning for $105.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
Those hollow concrete blocks? I don't know why, always get nervous when putting something heavy on them
Omg no way. That would be very unsafe. These are stronger they weight a lot. It's not hollow. And to top it all off, I had the hardwood setting on top and bottom of the concrete for a stronger rest. No cracks in the wood or concrete.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Those hollow concrete blocks? I don't know why, always get nervous when putting something heavy on them
Really, don't use those cheap hollow blocks. I work in construction. They can break open to easily with something sharp. They hold a good weight when they are used correctly.
I would be freaking out, if I was under the car. Wow. You can still look around for a more solid blocks. I found mine. They were from a demo. They easily will come from a old build demo. Today's good material costs lots. Please be safe

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
View attachment 136490
View attachment 136486
View attachment 136485
View attachment 136489
View attachment 136488
I got the concrete blocks from the side of the road. Someone for sure dumped it. It's holding the car up very well. View attachment 136487
The concrete blocks are solid, not hollow. It's best to understand proper procedures before going under a car. Just because you see something online, always be cautious of your actions when dealing with something heavier than you

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I'm having lots of problems with this one part. It's the one for the shifter.
I was able to press the part in. Thought it's not moving good.
I'm gonna attempt to take it out.
Even when I first was taking it out from the other transmission it was really tight, but not as tight as it feels now.
Any thoughts these two parts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

I took it out you can see them separate.
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Hey everyone,
An update on the progress. I've ordered parts last Sunday night from UroTuning. It's from the states and I live in Canada. So I'm guessing it takes much longer. I do have to say, if you make an order, better not to put the order on hold to add to it. Just let it be. The cost of adding a bushings for the leveler for example was $15.00. The part only cost under $5. A good heads up too that. Just make a new order or buy from a different dealer. I was at the dealership. They were charging $8.

To add to this, I really am learning this whole build. I've not ever taken out a motor or transmission. This is a new study. I build houses.
I'm so grateful for all the help. And it was my fault for making mistakes in ordering parts. I had to order one more bushings. When I saw the bushings for left to right on all websites. I thought left and right was for the leveler not understanding it's for 2 different components. Know I have 2 bushings for both parts when they arrive.

If anyone is speaking with the guys at UroTuning. Make sure you have part numbers and a better description of what you need. I was placed on hold to speak with a different sales persons to find that they sent me to another person to talk too, until I got the point and hung up the phone. This happened many times over.

This is not the blame game. I really could care less. Yes it's been 2 months of not driving my car. Life goes on.
Thought do more homework with building and repairing and be very grateful of this website because it's been the best support! Thanks to vwvortex.com

The lesson I learned from all of these is to relax, be kind to the self. And have no expectations of when and how long it takes.

On the bright side. Lots of parts are fixed. And located the ac leak.

For now this car will be stock with a upgraded clutch. In the summer I may take things apart and maybe push a little more power out of it. I've been watching many videos, it seems like this 1.8t is actually a very impressive motor. Good job to the guys a VW for building a very good motor. So impressed.

There's forms of doing deletes to hoses and much more. I'm gonna learn lots.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Well, that pcv valve. Seems to be a big deal!

I've started playing the staring contest, looking at the diagram and motor long enough.

Maybe he at one point had an oil catch 🛢, missing with a piece of silicone?
It's a clear picture of it not connected properly and saved my turbo. Mostly leaking everywhere outside. Small tresses of oil running to the intercooler on the passenger side inside of bumper.
The intercooler untouched by oil. I cleaned out the pipe, it looks like a 2 1/2 to 3inch. Shapped differently in the middle to allow the tire to turn. And fit in such a crambed position. 😎
Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Fluid
White Light Font Slope Line

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey everyone,
An update on the progress. I've ordered parts last Sunday night from UroTuning. It's from the states and I live in Canada. So I'm guessing it takes much longer. I do have to say, if you make an order, better not to put the order on hold to add to it. Just let it be. The cost of adding a bushings for the leveler for example was $15.00. The part only cost under $5. A good heads up too that. Just make a new order or buy from a different dealer. I was at the dealership. They were charging $8.

To add to this, I really am learning this whole build. I've not ever taken out a motor or transmission. This is a new study. I build houses.
I'm so grateful for all the help. And it was my fault for making mistakes in ordering parts. I had to order one more bushings. When I saw the bushings for left to right on all websites. I thought left and right was for the leveler not understanding it's for 2 different components. Know I have 2 bushings for both parts when they arrive.

If anyone is speaking with the guys at UroTuning. Make sure you have part numbers and a better description of what you need. I was placed on hold to speak with a different sales persons to find that they sent me to another person to talk too, until I got the point and hung up the phone. This happened many times over.

This is not the blame game. I really could care less. Yes it's been 2 months of not driving my car. Life goes on.
Thought do more homework with building and repairing and be very grateful of this website because it's been the best support! Thanks to vwvortex.com

The lesson I learned from all of these is to relax, be kind to the self. And have no expectations of when and how long it takes.

On the bright side. Lots of parts are fixed. And located the ac leak.

For now this car will be stock with a upgraded clutch. In the summer I may take things apart and maybe push a little more power out of it. I've been watching many videos, it seems like this 1.8t is actually a very impressive motor. Good job to the guys a VW for building a very good motor. So impressed.

There's forms of doing deletes to hoses and much more. I'm gonna learn lots.
You're correct. The 1.8T has a great aftermarket scene. Plenty of information and parts available online. I think the 1.9TDI, VR6 and 1.8T are the most modified VW engines, along with the EA888 platform.

With the PCV system, you considered deleting it all and installing a catch can?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
You're correct. The 1.8T has a great aftermarket scene. Plenty of information and parts available online. I think the 1.9TDI, VR6 and 1.8T are the most modified VW engines, along with the EA888 platform.

With the PCV system, you considered deleting it all and installing a catch can?
It would be much nicer to have it looking cleaner.
Will this effect emissions test? That's the only thing I am not wanting to mess with.

Lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It would be much nicer to have it looking cleaner.
Will this effect emissions test? That's the only thing I am not wanting to mess with.

Lots of possibilities.
Nope. You can do PCV delete without affecting the EGR or SAI stuff.

Where I used to live, anything NOT Original on the car that has not been Homologated on the Car Papers is illegal and will not pass inspections.
So I'd just remove the Catch Can and run 19mm (3/4 inch hose) from Crankcase to Valve cover, with a Tee, to Hockey Puck in TIP.
Install it like this just before the drive to inspections and take it off once you get back home. A 50 mile drive without Catch Can will not affect the engine.

Looking at your diagram/exploded view of PCV system. If hoses 9 and 12 are still in good condition, you can delete hose number 5 and run a 3/4 inch from hose number 2 to 9.
Have the engine cover installed it will look OEM but in reality you have a PCV delete done. I passed visual inspection like this no problem, but once again, I don't know if Canada does this.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts