VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, im sure there is a post for this somewhere but I am gonna ask anyways.
I think I am going to be needing a new clutch here soon so I am wondering what a racing clutch will do for me and what the difference is between stage 2 or 3 and all that.
The engine has 1.8T with APR Stage 1...Forge 007 DV...Advanced Airflow Tech Cold Air Intake also a Full TB exhaust
And I have a FMIC I need to put on when I do the Clutch, thermostat and water pump
Also I was reading in Eurotuner a few months back about some after market ignition coils I thought the brand started with an S but I cant remember. Anyone know of any companies?

Thanks for the help

Pic of the car since no one looks unless you have a picture

· Banned
1,207 Posts
FV-QR

stage 1 from ecs tuning is all u need. unless ur going bt soon. coils are coils, and they go bad just have some ready when ur cruising down the highway at 80 mph. theres no such thing as racing coils

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is doing some weird like intermitent slipping sound where I cant get a whole lot of power above 30x RPMS I was thinking its the clutch slipping but I cant tell. Vag Com says coil misfire, any ideas here from the pros??

· Banned
1,207 Posts
FV-QR

coil misfire would be correct. go drive it and watch your check engine light upon acceleration. your engine will hesitate and your check engine light should flash i think its 10 times. always have a sec of coils on you for this reason. youll feel like you have no power and your engine will sound off.( thats because at that time your running on 3 cylinders.)

· Banned
1,207 Posts
FV-QR

coils are coils. go to a dealership and get new ones. while your at it get new plugs as well. or you can order them from mjm or ecs tuning. i want to get a set of the red ones from ecs. they are shiny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.