VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flushed and bled the brakes/clutch hydraulic fluid yesterday and noticed my clutch bleeder block seems to be leaking. I cleaned it up after bleeding the clutch, and it looked like this after a drive today. When I press down or wiggle the metal bleed valve portion while holding the bleeder block, I can see a small amount of fluid around the edges where the metal part sits in the plastic.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is this just an O-ring I can replace under the metal bleed valve? Is it possible I loosened something else on accident while bleeding it? I was under the impression that the metal bleed valve portion is simply pushed into the bleeder block and secured with the little metal clip.

Thanks.

Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle Auto part Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's an easy fix! The o-ring on the section is starting to deteriorate. Pull it out and replace and you should be good to go.

I've personally had a bad experience with the ECS block. Their clips were crap. line would pop off after a couple presses.

·
Registered
2017 Golf R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's an easy fix! The o-ring on the section is starting to deteriorate. Pull it out and replace and you should be good to go.

I've personally had a bad experience with the ECS block. Their clips were crap. line would pop off after a couple presses.
Awesome, thanks! I'd be more tempted with the ECS block if it wasn't $115+... I'll give the o-ring a shot first.

Can I remove the one clip and pull the bleed valve out to get to the o-ring, without disconnecting the whole bleed block?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts