VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like its notchy.........when i depress the clutch very slowly, when teh car is on or off, i can feel a little notchyness when i let the clutch out slowly......Is this normal? sometimes iot does it and sometimes it doesnt.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Re: CLutch feels weird...notchy is the only way i can describe it (JimmPTL)

is it a stock clutch,
if so a clutch can do that if oil gets on it and if the clutch disc is shot
if you have like a stage 3 clutch then it is normal

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CLutch feels weird...notchy is the only way i can describe it (vwdriver92)

yea its stock. But how would oil get on it? how would it make the clutch pedal feel notchy when coming back up?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

it might be oil if not it is blown cause I had the spring fly apart on it and that dorks it up, oil can get on the disc 1 is their is a hole in the side of the tranny and 2 if a rear main seal blows, those aren't likey, I would say your clutch is on it's way out, I not sure about hydraulic clutch cause I never blew out one but on my cable clutch trannys the car would shutter and after awhile the pedal would not come all the way back up, I think a hydraulic the pedal would still be their

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

ok sorry after reading your original post you said the pedal feels notchy with the car off, when I read it I though you meant while drivein, I am not sure what it would be off the top of my head,

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: CLutch feels weird...notchy is the only way i can describe it (vwdriver92)

yea i need a clutch/ more of a flywheel job soon, but might as well to teh clutch. I think i have uneven flywheel wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts