VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01 GTI 1.8T (41K miles) was having clutch problems late last week. My shop diagnosed the problem as a worn release bearing. Got that fixed, went ahead and got a new pressure plate and clutch installed. However, a new issue has popped up. When I make big right turns (exit ramps, roundabouts, etc.) the pedal goes soft and stays either on the floor or about halfway up for a few seconds. Then it goes back to normal. It's ONLY on right turns. Took it back to the shop, they flushed the system, but problem remains. Naturally, it didn't do it when the tech drove the car with me sitting beside him. As soon as it was just me again, whammo. Any thoughts?
edit - I did do a search on the issue, but thought the right-turn thing was a new twist that had not been addressed.

Modified by KYWFU99 at 11:11 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Clutch issues (KYWFU99) UPDATE - pls rd

Okay - took it back to the shop. They replaced the master and slave cylinders. While doing that, they found a leaking seal between the master cylinder and a hydraulic line. Fixed that as well. But, the problem persists. Clutch goes soft on hard right hand turns. Does ANYONE have a clue as to what's going on here? I'm $1100 into this thing and getting irritated.
Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts