VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stored my car (91 g60) for the winter. When I came to start it, the clutch pedal was loose; it just flaps back and forth easily. My brakes work fine (I pulled the car home). What's really strange is that the clutch worked perfectly in the fall before I stored it (it just squeeked a little). I made a search and it seems as though it might be the slave cylinder. If it is, how do I bleed it? or change it if need be?
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Clutch pedal is loose, need help. (Radorider)

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Of course I just went ahead and changed the master cylinder and the slave cylinder. It's really quite simple. After you install the cylinders it's just like bleeding the brakes here are the steps.
1. Start with the Master, make sure the brake fluid res is at least full or 3/4 full the WHOLE time your bleeding.
2. I would have my wife pump the pedal a few times to build pressure hold down then loosen the bleeder, and when she got the pedal close to the floor I would tighten it before the fluid flow stopped.
3. She would then pull the pedal up after I tightened the bleeder, and we would start over. She would push a little, I would loosen the bleeder, and so on.....
4. Do the slave cylinder next. The key is to keep the fluid moving out through the cylinders and not allow air to be sucked back in!
Hope this helps you out....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.