VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice before the 14th of Nov please.Just back from dealer,and they say clutch needs to be replaced,only have 46,000 on it.God I'm not Michael Schumacher,but I'm not that bad a driver.Of course it's not under warranty.When I was in almost a year ago,I mentioned a burning smell to them,they looked and said there was nothing wrong.So am I just flat out screwed,or maybe a nasty letter to VW or someone might be in order,to reduce price which is going to be a small fortune.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Re: Clutch problem (aartis)

hmm... im not sure what you can do about them saying they couldn't find anything when you said there was a burning smell. but im assuming your clutch has been slipping if they are saying it needs to be replaced? Whatever you do, do not get it done at the dealer. I was quoted 1600 for parts and labor for another stock 1.8t clutch. You could upgrade your clutch and have it put in at a local shop for much cheaper, about half that price.
MJM always has good deals on clutches. The most popular upgrade for the 1.8t is the vr6 clutch w/ g60 flywheel, search around and look into that.
Also post in your Regional Forums to find a reputable shop to take it to http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by DuBoost_18 at 11:14 AM 10-31-2006

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.