VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly the clutch pedal started to vibrate when the clutch was slightly depressed, and the vibration varies with the rpm, and is slightly more pronounced whent the tranny is in gear when the clutch is depressed. Also a rattlly squeaky sound is heard. The clutch does not slip ( 131k miles, 5 spd 2001 Jetta GLS 1.8T) I believe the throw out bearing is dying. I plan to replace the clutch with a Stage 1 kit when I replace the throw out bearing. My question is, should I replace the "guide sleeve" while I have the tranny and clutch removed ?
Some times its refered to as the "Release bearing guide sleeve W/seal, part # 02A141180A"
EP

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: clutch throwout bearing and Guide sleeve replacement ? (BrokenDub)

Broken Dub:
That was my line of thought, but I wanted to know with more confidence that spending the extra money was worthwhile. I hate to have to tear it apart again, or have to run to the local dealer for the part while the tranny is off the car.
EP

· Registered
971 Posts
Re: clutch throwout bearing and Guide sleeve replacement ? (yasuep)

What does this have to do with the technical aspect of the 1.8t?? You may get a greater number of responses if this was posted in the correct forum. Either way, spend the extra 30 bucks now and avoid a headache and regret later. Just my $0.02. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.