VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my TSI (manual trans) flashed by APR at Waterfest this year. I'm loving the added power and everything that goes with it..... but I developed a weird side effect. I doubt it's anything to be overly concerned about, but when I start my car (in neutral of course, with the clutch depressed) the pedal itself does a brief vibration, similar to what you would feel on the brake pedal when traction control/ABS interferes. After this it doesn't happen until next time the car is started. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Can anyone offer any insight as to what it could be? Thanks ! :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I was going to ask about a/c too but you'll always get clutch pedal vibration while it's on.

Several things cause the clutch pedal to vibrate and their nothing to worry about. Some intakes rub some lines and it can be felt in the clutch pedal. When the car starts cold, the RPMs are steady at about 1100 rpm and drop to 800 rpm after about 30 seconds. The vibration you feel is probably just a combination of the higher starting RPMs and friction from a cold motor and the vibrations are translated to the pedal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I've started it with and without the AC on and had the same result. It's literally a half second vibration that only happens at start up. It was only a concern as I had not experienced any before being flashed. Also I was curious if this is a common experience among other owners. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.