VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GLI 6 speed with about 13000 miles on it. For the past couple weeks my clutch pedal has a slight vibration to it when I am releasing it. I've searched this online and found a few links that said to bleed the system or that it could be a faulty throw out bearing. I also showed the dealer and they said they could take a look but would have to drop the tranny and if it turned out to not be a warranty issue then they would charge me $700:mad:

Anybody have any experience with this? and could bleeding the system work?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have a GLI 6 speed with about 13000 miles on it. For the past couple weeks my clutch pedal has a slight vibration to it when I am releasing it. I've searched this online and found a few links that said to bleed the system or that it could be a faulty throw out bearing. I also showed the dealer and they said they could take a look but would have to drop the tranny and if it turned out to not be a warranty issue then they would charge me $700:mad:

Anybody have any experience with this? and could bleeding the system work?
Why are they trying to charge you $700?! If it only has 13000 miles on it, it is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. No matter what the issues are as long as they're not caused by u, they should be fixing it with no problem.

-Einsteinjs

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
160 Posts
Same thing here

I just installed my Carbonio intake today and as I took the car for a test spin I noticed that a have a vibration in my clutch. I checked everything under the hood and nothing is rubbing or touching anything. Any help would be great. I only have 2100 miles on the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
check your AC

I don't know if it's the same vibration that I was having, but I noticed the clutch vibrating a lot when I first got the car too. I called my brother about it (the car guy in the family), and he told me to turn off my AC if it was on. Sure enough, when I turned off the AC, the clutch stopped vibrating. No idea why.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have clutch vibration as well... did you install a new intake recently? APR perhaps stage1 and stage 2? the vibration is coming from your stage 2 pipe touching the break fluid and clutch lines and you feel it through you clutch if so :) there are ways to stop that if that is the case :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes I did!!

I have clutch vibration as well... did you install a new intake recently? APR perhaps stage1 and stage 2? the vibration is coming from your stage 2 pipe touching the break fluid and clutch lines and you feel it through you clutch if so :) there are ways to stop that if that is the case :)
I did install the APR stage 1&2 intake but I checked and nothing it touching or rubbing? Love the torque from the intake and it is quiet too.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Had the same issue with my cts intake .. Problem is now solved just had to loosen te coupling and raise the pipe about 1/4"

·
Registered
61 Posts
how do you stop the vibration?
Just google APR stage 1 and 2 causing clutch vibration.. there are pages of threads on this and to each its own fix. I just moved the bolt (the bolt in the middle of the stage 2 pipe, be careful you can break the mount area if not ) from back to front on the stage 2 pushing it more towards the front of the car and away from the brake line fluids. You wont see it touching when your car is still but when your engine is "humming" its is just BARELY touching those lines and that fluid box causing you to feel the vibration through your foot more so when you are accelerating and the "harmonic" sound is coming through your pedal :)

There is also a guy that makes a cool piece to help modify the intake to fit better... APR calls this fitment error to be human error and not their error but I disagree to a certain extent, its just so damn close its hard to fit it "perfectly" and you really shouldn't have to be that damn precise IMHO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.