VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: clutches (DrMSH)

where is everyone at?? i don't like my slip happy stock clutch so what brand is gonna handel some abuse??
yea stock holds up ok an da street butafter my second run lastime i raced it is went slip happy
wtf??

·
Banned
14,893 Posts
Re: clutches (Hyper4mance2k)

Satche (sp) performance clutch, most clutch makers can supply upgrades.
If it's an 8V you'll get a bigger clutch if you use a 16V standard clutch.

[Modified by Vdubs, 6:29 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Registered
26,758 Posts
Re: clutches (Vdubs)

From what I know, the stock clutch with 16v PP is generally enough unless you do the 1320 a lot, or are otherwise abusive and running a LOT of power. Sachs does make the Power Performance Clutch kit which has a different PP and clutch disc, it's also about 2.5x the cost though.

·
Registered
15,848 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Satche (sp) performance clutch, most clutch makers can supply upgrades.
If it's an 8V you'll get a bigger clutch if you use a 16V standard clutch.

[Modified by Vdubs, 6:29 AM 12-3-2001][HR][/HR]​
Somebody stole Vdubs username!!!
Isn't Vdubs the guy across the pond that works on VWs, and seems to really know his Dubs? (But hates FWD cars??)
The Vdubs I know would be aware that a 16V Sachs clutch will not fit into a 8V ride. He would also yell at other people for not reading the entire post...like the '16V' in the guys signature...hence he would know better than to suggest a 16V clutch

The 16V pressure plate will work in an 8V car, but the clutch disk has to be an 8V disk so the tranny shaft splines will fit it, as 16V trannies use a different sized main shaft.
Tsk, tsk, tsk

Broke

·
Banned
14,893 Posts
Re: clutches (Broke)

Hey Broke it's me alright,
and if you read my post is says IF it's an 8 valve, and the 16V clutch fits just fine you just have to change the trans which he should be doing anyway if he's kicking out lot's more HP.

Anyway you don't have to use the center plate.
Front wheel drive? yuck!

And, not all signatures are are the car in question.

You wana fight

·
Registered
15,848 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey Broke it's me alright,
and if you read my post is says IF it's an 8 valve, and the 16V clutch fits just fine you just have to change the trans which he should be doing anyway if he's kicking out lot's more HP.

Anyway you don't have to use the center plate.
Front wheel drive? yuck!

And, not all signatures are are the car in question.

You wana fight
[HR][/HR]​
Heehee......
[/chain yanking]
Broke

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Re: clutches (Andrew Foss)

Autotech offers the Sachs Race line. Same clamping force as the Sport line, but lighter weight.
The PP is part 10.341.3082606 and they want $619.95 for that. The clutch you can either get a torsion center, or a rigid center...and both look like they are 4 puck style. I think they are the same price too, at $439.95.
I'm sure there are stronger out there, I've never had a need for anything like that, so I didn't really look into them

Broke

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.