VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah my check engine light came on about three weeks ago, and I drove about a week with it on. I finally got it checked out at Autozone came up with codes: P0440 Emission Control Malfunction (What the crap is that supposed to mean? -also, my exhaust has been smellin like sulfur since I got the car I dunno if that's related.), P0171 Running too lean (Would it be alright to drive another week without getting that fixed?), and P0411 (Forgot what the reading on that code was). I love my VR6 jetta to death and I plan on having it for awhile.. Any help on these would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Re: Codes/Engine question.. (Apollyon318)

p0440 is a faulty solenoid purge vlave (part # 0771333517C) located on the passenger side strut tower below the airbox and has a green connector on it.
p0171 could mean a dirty MAF. try cleaning it with alcohol.
p0411-secondary air injection incorrect upstream flow detected: this could mean a faulty secondary air pump or a leak in your secondary air flow, but first check the 50 amp fuse behind the driver side headlight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Codes/Engine question.. (rcb120370)

If the fuse is bad will it be completly disconnected in half, or what if it just looks a little cruddy? I just got the 'ol P0411. Now I've gotta find out whats wrong

1 - 3 of 3 Posts