VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Re: Coil Overs (92foxrox)

Jonathan, does Shine make and provide caps with their system, those aluminum top of the strut pieces. Aw Jimeny, if you don't understand what I am saying, then I understand. I have to get pics.
LP

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Jonathan, does Shine make and provide caps with their system, those aluminum top of the strut pieces. Aw Jimeny, if you don't understand what I am saying, then I understand. I have to get pics.
LP[HR][/HR]​
I ASS-ume they do. Getting Shine to build this kit is like pulling freakin' teeth! I'm going to have to call them AGAIN. Sheesh! You'd think they didn't want to make the sale!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: Coil Overs (TeraFox)

Just thought I'd share my further frustration with the coi overs..
I called AGAIN today, and Eli hadn't gotten any farther than he had been on Friday. When talking with him, I did my best to say little and say everything with a note of exasperation. Maybe it worked. We'll see. He's supposed to have a price worked out for me tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

OK Mr Jimeny crickett.
But, if I don't find a coil over solution within the next month, I'm doin it. Although I would rather hold the set I have intact over your heads whilst you all barter and bid on them.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: Coil Overs (HiJinx)

Hey--I think it's safe to say that you could sell the Neuspeeds for more than you paid for them. If you could get $300, and apply that $300 toward a $400 set of GCs, you're set, right? Then, you just have to get rid of the KYBs.

·
Banned
804 Posts

'56 Beetle? Nah.. bring on one of the two '49's. A sawsall, thrity minutes and the cheapest Baja Kit I can get out of JC Whitney and I'm set

HiJinx, I'm alrady planning a trip southwest this spring, don't make me leave early to come kick your ass..

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Re: Coil Overs (DCIFOX)

Kenny, you crack me up.
If Jinx wants to be weak and not figure anything out, or wait for Tim to see what his results are, or not even TRY, well, it's a free world. I mean, he wants to be rice, so I say go with a superior setup (late 70's CVCC, 2 cylinder) for that purpose, and he wants to destroy his handling, so that would work too.
Jinx, cut your stocks. See how you like that. Then you can look rice, feel rice, and when you decide that that is not cool, you still have the semi-real springs.
Just a thought.
LP

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

wow, I knew you would snap soon.
anyways....

I don't care to much for your lame rice comments. But, whatever. I've ridden in dubs that have cut neuspeeds. They aren't bad at all. IF i cut the springs, it would only be one or two dead coils. But hey, If I have a promised buyer of the springs for $300, then I won't cut them.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: Coil Overs (HiJinx)

HiJinx, let me speak from vast internet sales experience: a promised buyer is not enough. Don't believe anyone till you have money in-hand.
Anyway, I'm not saying cut Neuspeeds would be bad. I'm only saying that _cutting_ Neuspeeds would be bad. It's that they are not a renewable resource.
I'm sure that cut Neuspeeds (or performance springs in general) would handle far better than cut stockies. I was dissatisfied with the ride and handling of my cut stockies on my Scirocco.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

In all honesty, I really don't want to cut them. I'm just being cheap, lazy and well, just cheap and lazy. I really would rather sell them to one of yall to use. Only because there are no more out there and they are in perfect condition. Well, I suppose that I know they will sell. Right guys?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts