VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the coil packs broke or failed on my VR6. It was weird my tank was near empty, and I filled it up, after that, It would idle, and when the throttle was engaged, there was very little power it sort of sputtered along. I thought it was the fuel filter or fuel pump, but the local service guy (dealer service) said it's the coil packs. that's about 350 for the part, not to mention installation.
I don't think a dealer would actually try to pull a fast one here... (by replacing a part that was good) when the problem is the fuel filter... I know the coils are bad (and they did a recall) on the 1.8t's but not the Vr6. Has anyone else had this problem w/ the VR6? is there anything I should ask the service dept?

· Registered
150 Posts
Re: Coil packs failed (ryanness)

Yeah, sucks doesn't it...the vw coilpack is a piece of crap,,the plastic on it is crappy and the seal between it and the metal is horrible..it's not resistant to heat either,,,,good thing it's almost right on top of the engine...duuuuhhh!!!!!!!!

· Banned
46,412 Posts
Re: Coil packs failed (Kenji)

Quote, originally posted by Kenji »

You heard about the VW coil pack recall, right?

Just did a search and found this... Is the recall still going on? If so is a 1997 Jetta GLX have a recall on it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.