VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and Happy new year!

I'm currently looking at getting a set of coilovers for my Non-DCC MK6R. I will be on 18"s aswell.
Purpose & priority is comfort-daily, so not track/race focused and aesthetic to reduce the wheel gap.

I've done a bit of searching already so my options i'm looking at are:
Bilstein B14 PSS (Priced close to the BCs)
Bilstein B16 PSS9 (+$$)
KW V2
BC Racing BR (Have heard these can be harsh, but is the cheapest option)

I've heard great things about Bilstein so it's my likely choice at the moment, just not sure whether on B14 or 16.

I could also alternative look at springs (H&R, ST etc.) but at the age of the car, i feel like replacing the entire coil would be better in the long run (?). If anyone has these setups/dilemma it would be good to hear your input.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Either B14 or doesn't H&R have something? If you want comfort then maybe you should consider a shock and spring kit. Not too aggressive so maybe Koni Orange and... VWR springs maybe? Also consider ST XA; they are basically the same as KW V2 but without the inox body, which I don't think you'll really need in NZ.

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R - IE450T
713 Posts
Either B14 or doesn't H&R have something? If you want comfort then maybe you should consider a shock and spring kit. Not too aggressive so maybe Koni Orange and... VWR springs maybe? Also consider ST XA; they are basically the same as KW V2 but without the inox body, which I don't think you'll really need in NZ.
All good advice.

I used to have stock suspension with VWR springs and am now on KW V3s. I’ve had a handful of VWs and have had Koni coilovers, H&R coilovers, Bilstein PSS9, Koni FSD with Eibach Pro cup kit.

I would say that the KW V3s ride closest to stock of any coilover I have used, so I am sure the V2s would be a solid choice. One issue I’ve had is that they were far too low in the rear and I am running 30mm spacer back there now (18” OZ wheels).

The best daily setup was probably the Koni FSD/Eibach combo (on a MKIV AWD TDI, so similar suspension setup) - so I’d second [mention]thegave [/mention] ‘s suggestion of Koni Orange / VWR springs combo if you’re not looking to absolutely slam your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.