VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Re: coilovers ? should I ? i hate a harsh ride? RACTIVE coilovers.. input needed (Lotust)

a slow car with great handling will beat a fast car with crappy suspension any day.... just food for thought...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Re: coilovers ? should I ? i hate a harsh ride? RACTIVE coilovers.. input needed (THE Wuss)

quote:[HR][/HR]umm, around corners yes, but thats all obselete when the fast car catches up again after waddling around the turn.
[HR][/HR]​

european car, or ....well, some magazine was doing a review on h&r's coils a while back when they first came out, they started the article off with a fun little tale of a race up a mountain between their stock (other than the coils) jetta, and a tuned civic that out-powered the dub by quite a bit. the honda plowed thru the turns like a train flying off the tracks, so it needed the power to catch up in the few straight spots (which were far fewer than the turns). basically the jetta walked all over it from handling alone, and beat it to the photo shoot location. (much to the dismay of the honda owner after all the money he spent)
my point is, you'll be doing more turning on everyday roads than drag racing. heck, if you wanted a muscle car with poor handling, you'd have gotten a camaro or mustang, right?
it all depends what you want

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.