VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, need some advice on coilovers for my GTI. The other day while driving, somehow my rear left spring snapped and when I took it in to a shop they quoted me $820 to replace that one spring and strut. Obviously that is way overpriced so I took this as my sign to finally give in and buy a set of coilovers (me and my friends will install). I ordered the ST X coilovers from Urotuning for $829 with free shipping, but they cancelled my order as it was coming from Germany and they didn't know when it would arrive. Which brings up my other problem, I am going back to school (out of state) in 18 days and this is my only vehicle so I need it fixed. Stratified Tuning has the same coilovers but they are $900 after shipping. Is there any other options I should be looking at at this price point that can get shipped quickly?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey all, need some advice on coilovers for my GTI. The other day while driving, somehow my rear left spring snapped and when I took it in to a shop they quoted me $820 to replace that one spring and strut. Obviously that is way overpriced so I took this as my sign to finally give in and buy a set of coilovers (me and my friends will install). I ordered the ST X coilovers from Urotuning for $829 with free shipping, but they cancelled my order as it was coming from Germany and they didn't know when it would arrive. Which brings up my other problem, I am going back to school (out of state) in 18 days and this is my only vehicle so I need it fixed. Stratified Tuning has the same coilovers but they are $900 after shipping. Is there any other options I should be looking at at this price point that can get shipped quickly?
Maybe some people will harp, but ECS has some for well under that price range. Just depends on the options you want on them(i.e. amount of adjustability or camber mounts for example)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts