VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its my daily driver and i need it to be able to handle the bumps, pot holes and snow. i want some thing that feels stock( or close to it) but lets me lowwer the car for the summer. basicaly i just need some thing that i can adjust the hight on and that my kids dont get bounced out of their seats

Modified by importtuner at 3:30 PM 9-13-2005

Modified by importtuner at 3:31 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
6,910 Posts
Re: (importtuner)

if you want to run them in the winter i would probably get FK stainless steel coilovers. I have H&R coilovers and love them, but i will be taking them out in the winter b/c i dont want my $1200 suspension to seize up on me.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
Re: (importtuner)

In that case your choices are far more limited. There are the H&R dunebuggy kit which is 1in lower and taller than stock, the Bilstein PSS kit which is 45mm lower frt and 40mm lower rear, and can get the car to just about stock height, and then there is the Ground Control kit. You'll be able to get more appropriate spring rates that fit what you're looking for and since its all custom you should be able to get stock height and lowered as well. The GC kit is a sleeve over kit though, so you'll have to purchase shocks as well, unlike the other two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.