VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my coils coming and i want to know.
Currently on my stock suspension my rear bumpstops the foam ones,
they are breaking down and such..
So with new coils i want to replace the rear bumpstops along with new strut mounts...
Anywyas.
When i had my cup kit on my mk2, the rear bumpstops come in diff sizes from pg performance, some 32mm some 50 some 60mm.
With coils how do i know what size to buy? since it is adjustable etc.
also are the bumpstops here::

are these the same thing as the foam stuff i have breaking down on me now the foam stuff?
they both are called bumpstops i beleive but i just want to make sure.
Imnot sure what else i need to buy other then the strut mounts and rear bump stops.
thanks for the help.

· Registered
11,503 Posts
Koni's dont come with bumpstops, as many others dont either. I used a new set of OEM ones...some people cut them, I dont...they wil crush down a little and then you are set. My car rides way nicer then most other I have been in, and it has to do with the ride quaility of Koni coils and the use of OEM bumpstops....
Sean

· Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (EuroStyle)

Quote, originally posted by EuroStyle »
Koni's dont come with bumpstops, as many others dont either. I used a new set of OEM ones...some people cut them, I dont...they wil crush down a little and then you are set. My car rides way nicer then most other I have been in, and it has to do with the ride quaility of Koni coils and the use of OEM bumpstops....
Sean

hmmm
yea i heard if u dont cut them down, they will have play and be to tall or something.
Thats why i wasn't sure about getting some smaller or such, cause u can buy 32 mm ones all the way to 60 mm..

· Registered
11,503 Posts
Re: (Ghetto-8v)

Quote, originally posted by Ghetto-8v »
^^^^ Nicest ride I've seen so far. 4 people flying down the LIE http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Hahaha...and what a nite that was....and you guys are not small people...

Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.