VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am thinking of getting a Cold Air intake for my Golf 2003 mkIV, 2.0L engine 8V 4 Cyl but i can't find one anywhere or at least i did but it is like 200-300 $ and i found some that are for like 60-100 $ but they say like GOLF/JETTA GL GLS 1.8T and i don't know if it will fit on my 2.0L engine. Does anyone know if it will fit on there. And the second question the car is still under the manufacture warrenty if i put in a cold air intake will it void the warrenty. Thank You

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Re: Cold Air Intake for Golf 2.0L question (zvezdas)

Quote, originally posted by zvezdas »
if i put in a cold air intake will it void the warrenty. Thank You

in a nutshell, yes. I suggest searching before you ask basic things like this, and uh...300 bucks sounds about right for a CAI.
On the real, its a 2.0, dont waste your time, make it look pretty, forget speed

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Re: Cold Air Intake for Golf 2.0L question (Superbleeder)

read the DIY/FAQ thread at the top of the page dude
Quote, originally posted by Superbleeder »

On the real, its a 2.0, dont waste your time, make it look pretty, forget speed

and don't listen to the 'its a 2.0, you can't get any power' bs... because you really can, but you need to spend some time with it.... its not necessarily as easy as a basic bolt on like the 1.8t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Cold Air Intake for Golf 2.0L question (zvezdas)

So they are the same i can buy an Cold Air intake that says it is for 1.8T and put it in my 2.0L, well im not looking for the speed yet i just want to put in CAI, cause i just like the way it sounds when you turn of your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.