VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days I have noticed a difference in how my MKVI Jetta starts up. I'm typically used to a swift start where the RPM's jump up quickly and I get a nice "growl". For the last couple of days, it has been more of a relaxed leisurely start-up and the RPM rises a little slower.

I'm not getting any CEL's, or driveability issues. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm just wondering if this is the start of a more serious issue.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd say just take it slow & easy until it reaches normal operating temps.
My 2012 Golf isn't liking -3F.
The electric steering feels very stiff, windows won't go down (found out in the drive thru last night) gear selection is sluggish & the engine doesn't seem to want to rev freely. Oh and at start up, I got all sorts of weird noises I've never heard, whale like moaning noises. I took the long way to work just to let the engine get up to operating temp & everything felt close normal by the end of the trip.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say just take it slow & easy until it reaches normal operating temps.
My 2012 Golf isn't liking -3F.
The electric steering feels very stiff, windows won't go down (found out in the drive thru last night) gear selection is sluggish & the engine doesn't seem to want to rev freely. Oh and at start up, I got all sorts of weird noises I've never heard, whale like moaning noises. I took the long way to work just to let the engine get up to operating temp & everything felt close normal by the end of the trip.
We have had extreme cold here as well over the last few days, but I park my car in a garage, so overnight the temperature is around freezing - nothing that the car can't handle. At work, it's parked in an underground garage - not heated, but temps there are similar as well.

My issue is right at cold start-up. I'm typically used to seeing the RPM jump up to about 1400, but now it's only getting up to about 1000. It's at the dealer today for a diagnosis/checku-up, let's see what they come up with.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update:

Got my car back today and the dealer performed TSB 2034012/2 01-13-25. They say that it relates to the issues I was having but I couldn't find any information online about this. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this TSB?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts