VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last saturday, my car wouldn't start. it would crank but would never turn over. if i let it crank too long, my oil light would come on along with a beep. thinking my battery was self discharging due to cold weather, i plugged in my solar battery charger and it started up after a few hours. took it to the dealer on monday and had the battery replaced under warranty. no problem tuesday or wednesday, today... same symptioms. cranks but won't start. my fiance's dad gave me a jump and it wouldn't work the first few tries. it finally did on the 4th or 5th try. took it back to the dealer where they seem to be clueless. i'm not trhowing any codes so i'm confused myself. any ideas?

·
Registered
18,078 Posts
Re: cold temp = no start... even after battery replacement (spooled_rave)

is your car stock? any chips? mine is doing the same thing along wtih a few other people. but mine is heavely moded on the other hand.

[Modified by LO-vw, 4:58 PM 1-23-2003]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: cold temp = no start... even after battery replacement (LO-vw)

just suspension and a DV. someone suggested that it may be my audio setup but i don't keep the face on at night so it shouldn't be drawing any power. i used to leave my radar detector on at night but i've since stopped with the new battery and still same problem.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Re: cold temp = no start... even after battery replacement (spooled_rave)

check for codes. If they think it's the audio Setup because they see a bunch of short to Grounds, tell the dealership to try a new fuel Pump Relay. Saw where this fixed a couple of other peoples problems with starting that had Short to Ground related codes.

·
Registered
18,078 Posts
Re: cold temp = no start... even after battery replacement (rawlmark)

do you drive your car short distiances? and then turn it off alot?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: cold temp = no start... even after battery replacement (LO-vw)

15 miles to the train station and back. it was off from 6 pm to 7am this morning when i first tried to start her up. but still... that should be too much to expect from a brand new $19,000.00 car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts