VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to do this and who has pics? Its something Ill be doing as soon as mine come, so I want to know what im getting myself into

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Color matching Mk4 look lights (Salty D)

I figured that much but what about the actual painting should i use a special paint or can i just use touch up paint from the deal and should I put clear coat on or not because of the shininess ( I dont think thats actually a word). Also should I mask off the actual lenses

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: Color matching Mk4 look lights (pyrogti)

when i do mine i am gonna heat them up and mask the 3 lights and 1 silver nub off then i am gonna use touch up paint from the dealer and the clear coat because the shininess would look sick!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: Color matching Mk4 look lights (pyrogti)

Just make sure to use low tack, or adhesive tape when masking off the chrome you want to keep, because if u use regular masking tape it will pull the chrome off it really easily, and then you have ugly lights.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: Color matching Mk4 look lights (Lyzic)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just make sure to use low tack, or adhesive tape when masking off the chrome you want to keep, because if u use regular masking tape it will pull the chrome off it really easily, and then you have ugly lights. [HR][/HR]​
ya what he said. it definatly comes off easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts