VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take my car to the stealership for warr. reasons and while there they said the ck eng light was on because of a bad combi valve. WTF is a combi valve?!
They also graciously would fix the problem for $200 on top of the $300 they had already robed me out of.
Pleese help

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Re: combi valve?? (vwdave4ever)

Are you rocking a secondary air pump? I didn't think they were included in AZ. Maybe you can just remove it and plug the holes in your exhaust manifold.
Curious, how have they robbed you of $300?

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Re: combi valve?? (jhayesvw)

so cars sold in AZ included a secondary air pump?
the combi valve is part of the secondary air pump system. kinda like a check valve that pumps clean air from the intake into the exhaust to lean out the fumes. no performace gain or loss. I don't know if you can remove the cel with vagcom? if it bothers you, could put a peice of electical tape over the cel?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: combi valve?? (CountBlah..)

I think the count has ESP. It was in fact Camelback. I took it there for my timing belt replacement and had them run the CEL for faults. They said the vaccume line had broke and the combi valve sucked dirt into it, which aparently can't be cleaned out only replaced.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: combi valve?? (baomo)

When i say robed I was originally quoted 250 plus supplies since I had all the parts. When I took it down to them it jumped to 300 plus supplies. I was running it through my shop and thought that counted for something since they are our dealer for VW parts. The reason for my feelings is when I went to pick my car up there was fresh soda spilled all over the center console, milkshake(or what i hope to be) in the back seat and all over the engine, someone had ran up a curb with my car and scratched my caractre ft spoiler and yanked my exhaust from the caractre kit) out so badly i know will have to remove it and coax it back into shape. also the vehicle was/is overfilled on all the fluids and now the lights on the dash will not quit. ANY FURTHER REASON I SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID ROBED

·
Banned
1,183 Posts

screwed not robbed. all dealers try to screw you on price, but the soda and scratches are something else. so it happened when it was at the dealers? did you point everything out to them and give them a change to make everything right?
as for the combi $250 is probably right? unless you find a used or scrap the secondary air system.
http://www.impexfap.com/partli...39722

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Jason Neel, he was cool but told me that I would need to talk to Richard Hose (service manager) about all the rest of the problems. I am going to call him in the morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts