VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Received this in the mail yesterday. Finally, Canada gets something unique. :facepalm: Contact information provided for those of you who wish to pre-order. :laugh:

I wonder if they have any Tiguan GLI's in stock still. I knew they sold fast.

·
Banned
4,851 Posts
It's terrible how little most people selling cars actually know about what it is they're selling.... I hate when I go to the dealer and have to politely reject countless salesmen/women bombarding me. What I really want to say is "get away from me, I know more about this car then you do, please sit over there, I'll let you know when I want to drive it"

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It's terrible how little most people selling cars actually know about what it is they're selling.... I hate when I go to the dealer and have to politely reject countless salesmen/women bombarding me. What I really want to say is "get away from me, I know more about this car then you do, please sit over there, I'll let you know when I want to drive it"
Agreed.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
lol, my cousin is shopping around for an r8 right now, and we went to the dealership the other day to look at one, and sit in one, and dammit i knew more about them than all the salespeople there combined.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It's even worse when you talk to the "service advisor", and you find out that you know more about your car than he does.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It's even worse when you talk to the "service advisor", and you find out that you know more about your car than he does.
When I spoke to a VW Sales Person at a local dealer last week, I asked them about the MK7 Golf/GTI and they said they didnt think there would be a 2015 model this year :facepalm:.... I asked them to verify that. They came back and corrected themselves lol.

·
Registered
1994 E320, 2020 Odyssey
1,837 Posts
One of my favorite things when I was shopping for a new car this summer was when random dealers insisted a certain model was not available in a manual gearbox... even though they were and often available in bigger cities.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I remember pulling up to the Chevy dealer TWICE.....once with my 1980 Ford Fiesta, and later with my 1985 Scirocco. Approached/attacked immediately by salespeople. While with my Fiesta the sales guy actually said "Let's get you out of that damn Fiesta" (implying that it was crap and I hated it).
My reply was the same both times...."I'm only here picking up parts for my sister's piece of sh°t Chevy".....with the added "...and that Fiesta is the best car I ever owned jacka§§".

TRUE. Had my Fiesta 13 years and it broke down ONCE.
$24.95 total repair bill - $4.95 fuel filter, $20.00 labor(I was young and dumb).
:laugh:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I appreciate the fact that sales reps have a lot of different models to keep track of, and can't really be expected to experts on everything, although you'd think they would want to be close to it. I had to correct the sales rep at the VW dealership a couple weeks back when we went in to discuss the ordering process for a new Golf. He stated that he didn't know what the time frame would be for availability what with shipping from Wolfsberg. I corrected him saying I believed all MKVII's sold in NA were scheduled to be produced in Mexico, he was surprised and a bit embarassed as well.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I appreciate the fact that sales reps have a lot of different models to keep track of, and can't really be expected to experts on everything, although you'd think they would want to be close to it. I had to correct the sales rep at the VW dealership a couple weeks back when we went in to discuss the ordering process for a new Golf. He stated that he didn't know what the time frame would be for availability what with shipping from Wolfsberg. I corrected him saying I believed all MKVII's sold in NA were scheduled to be produced in Mexico, he was surprised and a bit embarassed as well.
Dealerships are purported to be "value added resellers", meaning they bring additional value to the product and the brand.

Cases like this simply work to highlight the many reasons why this simply is not the case...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.