VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm in need if information from all you be/audi geniuses. I have little to no knowledge of mechanics. That being said please be kind in bashing me for the question. I have searched the web and on here and did not find any info. So, is the flywheel on a 1.8tq 5 speed the same as a 6 speed? I am looking to get a single mass flywheel for my 5 speed and have a sweet deal on the table for one but its for a 6 speed. Can anyone help me out here? Again sorry to bother but I need help.

Thanks,

- Manny

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I would love to have this confirmed. Anyone else have some input the would like to share?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Bringing an old thread back. Insurance totaled my o2m GLI, which I bought back, and I am currently looking at a b6 quattro avant. There appears to be all sorts of 240mm 'upgraded' clutch kits out there using the R/S4 oem bits. I have a NIB DKM smfw setup (good looking kit BTW) and wondered if it would work instead of trying to sell it off and recoup funds. Obviously the slave cylinder won't work, but the flywheel should be a direct bolt on. Will the starter need modding or would it still work? Could possibly use pressure plate with a 5spd throw out bearing? I'll be looking at spline count for the clutch itself in a bit but wanted to know if anyone has gone this route.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Both the VW o2m 6spd and Audi A4 5spd trannies appear to have 23 spline output shafts as well as 135 tooth flywheels according to the online parts stores I found that list these specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.