VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i'm completely new to all of this, so please forgive me if i don't call things by their right parts. i just got a 2004 gli and it drives me nuts that it doesn't have the outside temp and miles to the gallon, etc... on the dash. i guess that option wasn't available on the jetta at all. i just figured i'd get it cause my friend's older gti had it. anyway, i wanted to know how expensive and involved it would be to have the computer installed. i know it's a lot of electrical work and involves taking the dash apart, etc... i'm just curious to know if it's something i might, someday, want to have done.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Re: Computer in a Jetta (LisaLisaSM)

Hmmm, I thought the gli's had the trip computers on them. I konw my '00 jetta glx has it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Computer in a Jetta (OhioVr6)

nope, the button on the whipper nozzel to turn it on isn't there. i called vw and was informed that the only model currently offering this was the passat.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

I don't think it would be too much work. You will need a new instrument cluster, wiper stalk, temp. sensor, and wiring for the sensor. Personally I wouldn't bother with it though. I have it on my Jetta and while it is cool to have the temp. display, I hardly use any of the other functions.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Computer in a Jetta (sntx)

how expensive, do you think? and does anyone know someone around my area that would be able to put it in?

·
Registered
131 Posts

You can get an InPro Check temp II and that will tell you the inside temp of your car as well as the outside temp.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Computer in a Jetta (hardint)

You can order it from Cullen or Parts4euro.com. Do a vortex search for user ID Cullenor a text search for check temp and you will get some results. Theres a nice write up about the install posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts