VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Re: Concrete garage Floor sealing...what magazine (G60ING)

What are you looking for, just a good all around concrete floor sealer? My father's finished concrete for 30 years and I for 6 or 7. Not sure what you're looking for though.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Concrete garage Floor sealing...what magazine (Crazyquik)

I was looking for the article that went step by step of cleaning the concrete, then painting it and then sealing it. My garage currently has an aspalt floor and its a bear to clean it up. I'd like something that will reflect the light, be durable to oil, and a jack.
I'd like the race shop style floor

·
Banned
11,608 Posts

make sure you dump some bodies under the floor before sealing FOR EVER
the mafia will be thankfull

·
Registered
8,907 Posts

Check out Griot's, too. I guess one of the worst problems is having the paint peel from having hot tires parked on it.

·
Banned
1,545 Posts

One of my folks' neighbours coated his garage floor (it doesn't have an entrance into the house) with the driveway sealer he was using. That oughta work, eh?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Re: Concrete garage Floor sealing...what magazine (igneousGOlF)

the Griot's stuff is amazing once it's down but is a pain in the a$$ to apply properly. my dad did it in his garage with the light gray and it's amazing the difference it makes in the overall atmosphere. the paint is pretty much impossible to stain and won't lift off the concrete like regular paint will. IIRC, to prep the concrete you have to etch it with muriatic acid and then you apply the paint, which is a two part mixture that you combine and then roll on.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Re: Concrete garage Floor sealing...what magazine (matt007)

quote:[HR][/HR]So its basically epoxy?[HR][/HR]​
From the UCoatIt website;
"UCoat is a water-based 3-part epoxy, "
Oh man, I'm inspired by this....

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Concrete garage Floor sealing...what magazine (Spindle)

So when did you get a chance to snap that photo of my garage? Must have been while I was out racing the Viper

·
Banned
1,706 Posts

i personally like this one...work and spray it down and rinse....i mean being realistic and all, but if i was rich then the viper one is pretty kool.....i guess

[Modified by bora99_2000, 4:16 PM 8-24-2002]

·
Registered
6,353 Posts

The key is preparation. Must clean all the old oil up, let sit, then re-clean after more of the old oil has wicked up to the surface.
The acid etch sounds scary, but is a mild solution. It just roughs the surface up a little.
Another quality brand is the 2 part Benjamin Moore, found at pro painters stores.
Dave.
'90 GLi
'97 Jetta GT

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Concrete garage Floor sealing...what magazine (speedn16v)

personally I didn't want small pieces to hide on the floor so I went with the grey and love it. the silica texture is a must have as it stopped me from slipping on my ass a few times but it makes cleaning up spills a little bit more difficult as it tears up the paper towels or even the rags to some degree and its difficult to speard evenly. But I still ove my garage floor. it makes the garage seem more like a part of the inside of the inside of the house http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,261 Posts

NICE!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I can't wait to sell my crappy house and get one with a nice garage

1 - 18 of 18 Posts