VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as I keep hearing across the vortex when anyone mentions O.E.M. wheels they refer to them as "monte carlo" or "long beach” what is the diff? Now I am going to attempt to answer my own question guessing that (MC) are the stock GTI 17" wheels and the (LB) is the stock Jetta 17'' can anyone verify? I also noticed when I at first went out looking to buy a GTI I saw a 2k2 model that had 16" wheels similar to the (WE) Jetta, yet the spokes where decidedly thicker and had larger gaps, I sort of want these, or the aforementioned O.E.M. wheels, what do you call those 16" GTI's anyway thanx for any help.

-Ryan

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (MK4ryan)

17" GTI = Monte Carlo
17" Jetta = Long Beach (I believe)
16" WE = BBS wheels
16" GTI = Montreal II (5 or 6 split spokes, kind of like the previous VR6 GTI wheels, only better looking)

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (MK4ryan)

the 16" gti alloys that look similar to the wolfsburg bbs are called Montreal 2's. they're really nice wheels.
long beach only come on jettas (doesn't mean people don't switch them to gti's, etc..)
monte carlo is the 2k2 17" gti wheel with gray inserts.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (BrandonC)

quote:[HR][/HR]17" Jetta = Long Beach (I believe)[HR][/HR]​
He speaks the truth

( I see you've broken the 1K post barrier
)

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (roadsleeper)

quote:[HR][/HR]17" Jetta = Long Beach (I believe)
He speaks the truth

( I see you've broken the 1K post barrier
)[HR][/HR]​
Heh heh....thanks.
"The post is strong within me"
Oh....and those (above post) are the Siata wheels. The spokes are angled out on them. On the Long Beaches, the split spokes are parallel to each other.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (LIQUIX)

hey.....since were on the topic of Stock Wheels........Does any one know what these wheels are called:
They are the stock 16's on a 2001 GLS with luxury pkg.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (boraman717)

quote:[HR][/HR]hey.....since were on the topic of Stock Wheels........Does any one know what these wheels are called:
They are the stock 16's on a 2001 GLS with luxury pkg.[HR][/HR]​
Castallets

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (2kjettaguy)

the siatas were listed as 'votex' wheels, meaning they were like vw aftermarket. they're actually really nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: confused on stock wheels? (Mike VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]hey.....since were on the topic of Stock Wheels........Does any one know what these wheels are called:
They are the stock 16's on a 2001 GLS with luxury pkg.
Castallets[HR][/HR]​
I believe it's "castellet"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts