VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to those who won, thanks to all those who entered. The mk3 GTI category was, by far, the largest category in the show! I meant to count all the cars, i'd estimate aroudn 40. And lucky me who got to judge them all!
Mk3 GTI / Golf Winners:
1st - Lobstrosity
2nd - forgot the name - red gti, lots of body mods (sooby hood scoop), used to have a fish tank in it
3rd - Alexi from DasFuls
4th - EckoOfGecko
didn't recall who won the jettas, i really was exhausted. Awesome cars, all of em! Josh's gti turned out great (fresh out of the paint shop), osiris' DE looked marvelous as ever (i love those tail lights!), a few clean ginsters, the list goes on! it was an honor to be a part of the show, cant wait till next year.

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (Slapshotnerd)

congrats to everyone that placed...
and congrats to ryan..aka euroflavour for placing 2nd in pro class..see GAYLORD FOCKER i told you..you would place no matter what ahhahahahahahahahaa

[Modified by STEALTHDEMONDUB, 6:46 PM 8-4-2002]

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (abtvento)

quote:[HR][/HR]Where are all the pics??
[HR][/HR]​
pics are on my camera... lol...
it takes 10 seconds to post, it takes alot more time to sort the pics and upload them all! they'll be up shortly... there's a ton already up in the PNW forum.
And mk3's represented well. Ryan took 2nd in pro Class, losing only to a mk4 GTI from Hillside. The 3rd place entrant was also an mk3, it was a blue jetta.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (vr6_boyee)

quote:[HR][/HR]And I can't even believe that damn Red CL with a fish tank even competed with everyone.. How sad
it came second. [HR][/HR]​
It may have been a cl, but he had the mods for a show car. He got the highest score on interrior out of anybody, and got great points all around for his engine bay (cleanliness and neatness, not just size of his motor), and clean paint and such. I didn't like the car personally, but it wasn't a matter of my opinion.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (COOL WHIPPED)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah baby Dasfuls representing...

oh hell yeah
[HR][/HR]​
where the hell were you two?! both of you?!!! NO EXCUSES!!
only cris has an excuse

·
Registered
5,507 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah baby Dasfuls representing...

oh hell yeah

where the hell were you two?! both of you?!!! NO EXCUSES!!
only cris has an excuse[HR][/HR]​
YEAH! Cris was busy giving speical favours to the momentum guys....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (Golf_CL)

I would have liked to know what i got for points but when i asked for my sheet they said that it would take too long to find so he said sorry... LAME

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (vrdubin)

quote:[HR][/HR]I would have liked to know what i got for points but when i asked for my sheet they said that it would take too long to find so he said sorry... LAME
[HR][/HR]​
Most shows won't give you your points sheets. Get over it. Otherwise, you'd have all these people modifying their cars just to get as many points as possible, which would be gay.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (vrdubin)

their reasoning for not dealing with handing out the point sheets is 3 fold
1 - everyone would complain "why didn't i get more points here?"
2 - people would start to compare. "you gave me this score, but joe got that score, i have WAY more than him!"
3 - its a hassle to sort them all out and give them to the proper owners
they posted all the scores on the website last year, and it was a hassle and a half. This year, they will be posting the rankings in each class so you know who you were ahead of / behind, but no exact scores.
I'm sure you can understand the reasoning!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts

PICS!!

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (GTI2lo)

All I know is Eddie (spooled_2ltr) got 3rd in the Jetta III class. Mark (1a3trek) should have placed! His car was looking real good! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif But congrats to everyone!

·
Registered
5,357 Posts

All cars were tight...nice talking to Alexi and Rob and the other guy in parking lot dropping my coils...I gotta get up to the great white north soon A.
And Mr. Gecko, its about damn time, you pulled the look off so well, congrats.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Congrats to MK3 winners and Entrants from WW!! (858Gti)

quote:[HR][/HR]i feel left out. is there any pics of the cars at the show.[HR][/HR]​
there's alot in the pacific nw forum, there's also scattered pics throughout the forums

·
Banned
2,271 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
This year, they will be posting the rankings in each class so you know who you were ahead of / behind, but no exact scores.
I'm sure you can understand the reasoning![HR][/HR]​
Ummm... I never got a point sheet/website for last year!

I'm hoping to go even lower in the rankings this year... c'mon last place!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts