VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the Grill Craft lower grills from a fellow vortexer and wondered if anyone can direct me to the link Connie had to the install he did on his own car. I did a search for Connie and for Grill Craft and came up wanting. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Jacques

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Not sure of the link to Connie's install... but it is really a very simple process. Just take off your bumper cover (a few bolts on the top, behind the stock grille and lower grilles, and the screws on the inside of the wheel well--and don't forget to remove the side marker lights), line up the new grilles (they have tabs with holes for the screws on the side), and screw 'em in there. You might have a problem installing the bumper cover bolts that sit behind the grille after this IF you don't have a thin screw driver to re-install the grilles after tightening up the bolts for the cover. Does that make any sense?

Just take the cover off and it's all very easy. You'll see what I mean. Good Luck.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (H2o_TRBO_GTi)

quote:[HR][/HR]You might have a problem installing the bumper cover bolts that sit behind the grille after this IF you don't have a thin screw driver to re-install the grilles after tightening up the bolts for the cover. Does that make any sense?

Just take the cover off and it's all very easy. You'll see what I mean. Good Luck. [HR][/HR]​
Thanks H2o! That is exactly the issue I was concerned about: Figuring out how to re-install the bumper cover bolts after puting the Grill Craft Grill on. Your explanation makes perfect sense. Thanks.
Jacques

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: (Jacques)

Dont bother with the lower bumper cover bolts that sit behind the grills they are not needed. I have be running with out mine ever since they went on the car. The 5 upper screws behind the gril and the 4 in each wheel well is enough.
Stu

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Boostin20v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dont bother with the lower bumper cover bolts that sit behind the grills they are not needed. I have be running with out mine ever since they went on the car. The 5 upper screws behind the gril and the 4 in each wheel well is enough.
Stu[HR][/HR]​
Now THAT is nice to know, because I just finished the install (took about 30 minutes) and decided to leave the lower bumper cover bolts that sit behind the grills out. Anyway, here are a few pics (yes... I know it is night time). Guess I couldn't wait to get them installed and to post a few shots.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (TurboBmaNN)

quote:[HR][/HR] http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Thanks, Turbo!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (lsinlv)

quote:[HR][/HR]Nice!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Can't wait to get mine in the group buy!!![HR][/HR]​
Thanks. Should look great with your setup up (and car color). Futura Yellow is such a cool color (IMHO).

[Modified by Jacques, 3:37 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: (Jacques)

yeah, but no one has answered my post!
I yet to se another Futura Yellow GTI, not even in all of the pics poste here!!
Am I the only ONE???
I hope not!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts