VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying a TT 180 or 225 quattro. Watch out for... ?

OK, I read thru lotsa posts. wondering if there is anything i should watch out for when looking at used ones. certain years? Production #'s? etc.
Is Audi Pre-Owned Certified important?
Sorry for the Newbie post, I did a search of archives, didn't really turn up anything

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Considering buying a TT 180 or 225 quattro. Watch out for... ? (section8)

I'm new here also, some of the things to look for are failing cluster,bad fuel sending unit, and the anti pinch on the windows not working correctly. Certified is nice but an independent extended warranty is the way to go. When there is something wrong with my car, I can take it pretty much anywhere and dont have to deal with dealer hassles.
Quote, originally posted by section8 »
OK, I read thru lotsa posts. wondering if there is anything i should watch out for when looking at used ones. certain years? Production #'s? etc.
Is Audi Pre-Owned Certified important?
Sorry for the Newbie post, I did a search of archives, didn't really turn up anything

·
Registered
659 Posts

Watch out for the boost kicking in....

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: Considering buying a TT 180 or 225 quattro. Watch out for... ? (adamo)

nothing comes even close to the certified warranty. you get the remainder of the 4yr/50k bumper to bumper w/ free maintanence, from when the car was originally purchased. then you also get 2yr/100k bumper to bumper when the first warranty ends. warranty is good anywhere in the U.S. and Canada, and the work is performed by an Audi Tech, not some random mechanic. Car also is guaranteed to not have been badly crashed or a warranty nightmare with the first owner. tires have to be new or almost, and brakes have to be over 50%. another perk, there's no 'certified' box to check on blue book to up the cars worth. so car books the same at an Audi dealership as it would at a Ford.
on cars, i'd for go 2000s since the car just came out. if you can afford the slight difference in price, GET THE 225! it has, over the 180:
completely different/stronger block
biggest turbo Audi specs on anything
6spd
more power and room for alot more
bigger rear brakes
dual intercoolers
stronger resale, so you'll get the difference back when the day comes to sell

·
Registered
103 Posts

Second what "M" says...
I bought a 225 used and chipped it. Even the stock hp soon felt slow; engine now puts out around 260 hp.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Re: Considering buying a TT 180 or 225 quattro. Watch out for... ? (fxhomie)

can they detect the chip on the tt and void warranty at all? wife just picked one up.. I have a VW without warranty so I didn't care and went Giac...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: Considering buying a TT 180 or 225 quattro. Watch out for... ? (gqjeff)

I've also been looking out for used TT's recently, and one thing on my mind is if there are any notable suspension or ecu/haldex programming changes between the model years. Anyone with any info on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts