VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks with Passats or experienced with Passats care to comment? Briefly drove one today from Cutter Ala Moana - kinda beefy but I'm sure my wife would like the larger 'feel' of it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (Aloha-boy)

i would hit it!
why not, passat is a nice car. just don't pay more than what you can get an A4 for. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (TypeR-ice)

quote:[HR][/HR]i would hit it!
why not, passat is a nice car. just don't pay more than what you can get an A4 for. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
I found the A4 to be a bit smaller. Oh, and I know the invoice price of the 2002 passat and I _know_ the dealer is motivated to get rid of it

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (Crass!)

Stick to the MFG Suggested Retail price....... when you see the dealer markup sheet....... rip that damn thing off and throw it away! No matter if you're financing or not, they will get the money. HTH's!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (III)

funny I've been trying to get my wife to trade the Beetle in for a Passat for a while now. Joel I'm sure your wife will like it

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (sgolf)

Well i may be the only one on here but plz dont hate me. For some strange reason i dont like the passat....I dont know why it just doesn't grab my attention. If i had the money and i had a wife that wanted a car I would go with a jetta (but thats just me). But its your money bro....so whatever tickles your pickle.
BTW: I bought my car from Cutter good guys. Taking my car in for the 5k mile check soon too. Good luck

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (ReK[N]-EyeZ-)

this doesn't tickle your pickle jarv??
(this one's a B5 but hey....)

B5.5 02 here

B5.5 1.8T wagon here (Salty D's)

B5.5 continued...

B5 european style black moldings...

some brand spankin' new ones...

a bit into the old styles... B4 93-97 w/ BMW E-36 headlights and ABT!!

cmon now, tell me those first ones dont make you want one!! i want a B5 actually.. a 2001 1.8T
we've seen lawerence's badass car right??

heh heh, peace

[Modified by III, 11:36 PM 10-4-2002]

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (III)

I swear to god there was a real nice Black Passat, all smoked out and dropped and debadged, that i'd seen with Errol on our way to JayB's house last week....E says it comes factory, as seen in the showroom, so check it out!!! Passats are nice, dont they start out like $26,000? Actually, the Jetta is hella tight in the back seats!!!

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (meangreen50)

true that, VW offers a line of body kits now... i think they're all made by Votex...
at the all-VW show on sept 15, the passat that entered had the OEM kit on... good stuff
i forgot this one!! ABD Racing's B5.5 passat... i love this car. joel, you gotta do this!! 19" AMG wheels, i love it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by III, 11:40 PM 10-4-2002]

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (2.sloGTI)

*drooool*
Imma wait till this big azz sale thing is over then go swoop up that car for < invoice

I dunno if I'd be able to convince my hun to r0ck 19"s but I'm sure I could get a set of 18"s on there. Tints (of course). That may be it for mod list until I inherit it from her though DOH!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: Considering purchasing a new car for my wife - 2002 Passat 1.8t tiptronic (Crass!)

C'mon, i'd most definitely hit it!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I went down to the dealership 3 days in a row last week and damn a Passat is looking mmm mmm good!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Joel, Go for it!
Mines a 99, never had any major problems. Hum let's see, had a crack in my windshield washer container...replaced under warranty. I never had to go back to a dealership for anything after my free maintainence, or another repair shop. The only problem is these Group Buys
, don't ever click on it at www.clubb5.com

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
cmon now, tell me those first ones dont make you want one!! i want a B5 actually.. a 2001 1.8T
we've seen lawrence's badass car right??

heh heh, peace
[HR][/HR]​
My car, its only......good stuff. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.