VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was bored and decided to try out the console modification and i think came out preety damn decent sorry for the bad pic but youll get the idea

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Console modification.. (qka2)

it is in deed a mk3 cup holder and the radio is a spare kenwood as is the console and the boot is stock this was just a test run since i was bored and my car is in the body shop
all in all it was that tough with a dremel. i can definitly make it cleaner looking it took a awhile to figure out the cup holder placement and i think the only size cup that will fit is a small dunkin coffee
thanks for the comments

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Re: Console modification.. (smi2710)

quote:[HR][/HR]the only size cup that will fit is a small dunkin coffee
thanks for the comments[HR][/HR]​
bah, I can fit 32oz cups with the little bottom in this:

they rest on the front of the console too but they fit

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Console modification.. (PAGTI91)

quote:[HR][/HR]the only size cup that will fit is a small dunkin coffee
thanks for the comments
bah, I can fit 32oz cups with the little bottom in this:

they rest on the front of the console too but they fit

[HR][/HR]​
i see you covered the coin holder i placed mine completely in side the storage area im gonna have to rethink

·
Registered
12,004 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]lookin good, you'll have to cut the vents a little to get the head unit in the car...[HR][/HR]​
My thoughts exactly. In that spot, it is going to have some fitment issues once installed, I think. Mine is in place of the ashtray, and just fits back there. It shouldn't be too hard, though. As far as being able to see my radio, I'd rather be able to see my gauges where the radio used to be. Actually in this spot, it is nice, cause the radio is right in front of the shifter, so you can mess with it between shifts. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Re: Console modification.. (smi2710)

oh ya mine is moved forward more than yours but you know what that means, cutting out half the coin tray and finding a way to secure the mess you got where it used to pop into place (zip ties and long screws
)
My cupholder does not move at all now, so its cool, but it took me a few tries to get it right http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i have a great way to make it secure and with out screws and zip ties actually u need nothing to secure it tightly (i will share at a later date
)
-what do u want for the recaros

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.