VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Unless you get the rear diff from a Euro Sharan / Galaxy VR6, which has a Haldex style diff with a syncro viscous coupling attached :D But then you need the transfer case from a Skoda Octavia VRS.

Not that I'm over-complicating or anything ;)
Very true Mikki ;), however, with as bad as it is to find the Haldex (Only VR6 Bellhousing we have is from the .:R32) or Syncro (Passat Syncro) swap stuff here in the US, I would hate to see the cost of getting the Sharan/Skoda AWD parts over here.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I have the .:R one and was told it needs to be shortened.
I'd like to compare lenghts. Do you have an overall measurment by chance?

And thank you Kevin. :) :beer:

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
TT 3.2 and TT 1.8T may have different driveshafts.

TT 3.2 has same driveshaft length as R32 though.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
TT 3.2 and TT 1.8T may have different driveshafts.

TT 3.2 has same driveshaft length as R32 though.
1.8T and 3.2 TT Driveshaft P# is the same between the 2 TT models:
8N0 521 101J

.:R32 shaft P# is NOT the same:
1Jo 521 101AL

So if they are the same length, even though they have completely different part numbers, then no shortening required. :D Which makes my day on G60racer's information, that they are indeed the same length. :thumbup: :beer:

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
I looked into getting a carbon fiber drive shaft for my R32 and it was the same part # as the TT 3.2, if that helps...

not really surprised that Audi and VW part #'s are different, even if they're identical parts.
Mk2 HVAC parts are often identical to Corrado HVAC parts, but different part #s within the ETKA system.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I am still wondering about the hubs that I can use. I know g60 ones don't work, but I have heard ecs tuning 5 bolt conversion hubs do work. The adaptec 4x100/5x100 hybrids I am also unsure of. I would like to keep the standard front track and not go to plus suspension.
G60 or VR6 Front Hubs.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what you are getting at. From everything I have read I think I will need to put vr hubs on my car and drill them to 4x100. I'm not really sure though. :confused:
The splines on the actual driveshaft are the same between the the G60 and VR6, and from what Zach said they are the same on the 02M shaft as well. That means as long as you match your hubs and outer CV joints you can use either 4x100 or 5x100 as you please.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know if this question is relevant here but Im considering and collecting syncro bits for a Corrado.

Question is how do I do a 5x112 conversion on the Corrado with Syncro? Does the Vanagon 5x112 syncro hubs work with any of the syncro conversions? Maybe custom half shafts?

I have an Audi and plenty of 5x112 rims. Im not a fan of adaptors so it's not an option for me

21 - 40 of 232 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.