VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a purchase of 4 Continental DWS 06 - different tread than the original DWS. Apparently they are discontinuing the DWS in the near future.

Opinions? Anyone have these shoes on?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I fully trust that the engineers only improved upon what was already a highly regarded tire. I'd love to try them out but they don't have an XL load rating in 225/45R17, and I can't find a decently priced used set of 18" wheels at the moment. I can't find any indication that running 235/45R17 on a 17x7.5 would be a wise choice, since it will likely rub. Additionally, a larger section width would likely be a poor choice on this wheel.

I'd say try them out!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have 235/45-27 on the 17' Goals and it rubbed once in a while i.e. making a 90% turn at a stop light at driving speed and hitting a bump > but nothing big. Got the size for the extra safely (aka rubber between pothole and rim).

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have 235/45-27 on the 17' Goals and it rubbed once in a while i.e. making a 90% turn at a stop light at driving speed and hitting a bump > but nothing big. Got the size for the extra safely (aka rubber between pothole and rim).
Do you mean hitting a bump while full turn at low-mid speed, or just bumps in general? I'm mostly concerned with expansion joints at freeway speeds or under hard cornering.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I ordered a set today. I used the previous option for years as it's what it had when I bought it. All the reviews I've read say just as good, some better. Big difference being less noise from what reviews say. Tire Rack has them for $138 each with $70 Visa card rebate for a purchase of a set of 4.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just got them mounted yesterday, still have to scrub in. I had the previous dws for almost 30,000 only difference I see right now is the sidewall is a tad more square. Also got the $70 rebate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.