VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am about to finish buying the rest of my system. And, I have one main question. Is there any way I can make some sort of switch, to control the power of my subs? I want to basically be able to turn them on when I'm listening to one kind of music, but, then kill them when Im not. Or, when I go to pick up my girlfriend or something, and not make her go deaf while shes in my car. Is it possible? I know you can mess with EQ settings in the HU, but, I want like, a hard switch or something... speak to me guys.

· Registered
5,661 Posts
Re: Control Subs ? (kryptonik)

There's a couple of ways to do what you want .
1] Get a head unit that has at least two pairs of rca outputs. Feed the amp with the rear pair of rca's and then fade out the rear channels when you want to kill the bass.
2] Some amps have a bass control knob that you attach under the dash etc... and dial your bass up & down.
3] Hard wire the remote lead for the sub amp to a switch up front , turn it off and it removes the remote power shutting down the deck.
4] El cheapo way : Pull the fuse for the sub amp at the distro block when you want to kill the power. Pain in the butt , however its free.

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Re: Control Subs ? (Lexi)

Or a crossover with with sub output adjustment. Like the PPI-FRX322 that I have for sale. Here is the PDF on the X-over.
http://www.precisionpower.com/....pdf

Modified by Non_Affiliated at 6:52 PM 7-13-2003

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Re: Control Subs ? (Roadkill)

get a head unit with a non fading preamp output. Most of them have a way to turn it off. My kenwood deck has a butten to turn off the preamp. Or just run a switch from the remote on the hu to the amp and do it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.