VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the topic says i am trying tp convert a 99.5 a4 single din to a 2000 and up s4 double din radio what parts do i need. part numbers would really help thanks guys

this is what i got

Modified by Jmatto at 5:00 PM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: converting a 99.5 single din to a double din 2000 n up s4 (iSR-floG)

Quote, originally posted by iSR-floG »
tracking.....
care to explain .......
anyone got the part numbers

Modified by Jmatto at 11:18 PM 4-25-2006

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Re: converting a 99.5 single din to a double din 2000 n up s4 (Jmatto)

Quote, originally posted by Jmatto »
care to explain .......

tracking or following this thread....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: converting a 99.5 single din to a double din 2000 n up s4 (iSR-floG)

you mean you want to convert to a symphony radio? not sure if thats possible I have the symphony and its much bigger than the concert....

·
17,317 Posts
Re: converting a 99.5 single din to a double din 2000 n up s4 (SmokeU)

I think he's established that much. He's asking what parts he would need to do it.
I bet there is a tech article on this on Audiworld. I suggest checking that first.
Then we can start guesswork in here if there's nothing there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: converting a 99.5 single din to a double din 2000 n up s4 (robbyb413)

I've looked into this a little bit and its not an easy thing to do, but it can be done. I talked to someone locally that did it to his to fit a screen. he had nothing but problems with his heating control, but it didnt make much sense to me the reson why, all he did was move it to the center console,. custom shops can do you a fiberglass insert for that peice, and it looks really clean, but its pricey, 500 at Wicked CAS in kingston NH (right nest to where i live) but their stuff is PERFECT and they've done it before. to do it like the 2000's, i was told you need the peice on top of the center console, the braket behind the dash, and the faceplate, and various other peices, sorry no Part #'s but hopefully this helps a little.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Re: converting a 99.5 single din to a double din 2000 n up s4 (blake258)

Quote, originally posted by blake258 »
....he had nothing but problems with his heating control,....

in the sence that the 2000+ version is differnt plugs or that he tried to carry over his old one? I have a spare 2000 S4 HVAC controller that i was gonna give him. I didn't even think that it might have a different plug out than the earlier one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts