VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently in the market for a new car, my 93 Corsica isnt quite cutting it for me anymore. My friend has been trying to convince me to go GTi/Golf but im not 100% sold yet, so thats where you all come into play. I'm also looking at Celica, Matrix, RSX, and Grand Am. I need you guys to convince me big time to go VW

[Modified by Scowiland, 2:48 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Banned
690 Posts
Re: Convince me to buy a GTi/Golf (Scowiland)

STP-
you ever hear of torque? look at those other cars, and you'll see why we all have VW's. That, and the fact that there is soooo much aftermarket support from around the world.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

If you need convincing - don't get one.
Andy http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Grand -Am vs. GTI

[Modified by Andy GTI, 2:57 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Banned
3,143 Posts
Re: Convince me to buy a GTi/Golf (Andy GTI)

you should get one. they come with an incredible warranty and b4 u know it you will know the service manager of your dealership personally as u beg for them to cover your repairs...
D_J

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Re: Convince me to buy a GTi/Golf (FlashRedGLS1.8T)

Need convincing... buy one or i will kill you. J/K. They are great cars and you can't go wrong with one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
117 Posts

Scowiland, it looks like you are mainly looking at Japanese cars (forget the Pontiac...
). Those cars are blessed with just as much horsepower as the GTI's, but they do not have the torque. Do you do a lot of city driving? You'll really feel the torque pulling away at stoplights. The Japanese cars make most of their horsepower at high RPM's...great for the highway, but in town you really have to wind them out! Take a GTI for a test drive. Drive steadily at 30 MPH in 2nd/3rd gear, then give it the gas! You won't be able to get the grin off your face. The fit and finish is great, you don't see one every where you go, and no-one makes cooler dash lights! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
101 Posts

I knew I wanted the GTi when i saw the flat torque curve...174 lbs from 1950 til 5000, that meant power all over the place...
I hardly ever find myself getting up to 6000.....
6000 rpm just to get 130 lbs?

·
Registered
365 Posts

Dude.....all you have to do it get your ass in the driver's seat of either a VR6 or a 1.8T-go for a rip around town and hit it up on the hwy too....then come back and tell everyone here how badly you don't want one! If you have anything to say other than I just bought a GTI...we will all be seriously surprised!!

·
Registered
473 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Im currently in the market for a new car, my 93 Corsica isnt quite cutting it for me anymore. My friend has been trying to convince me to go GTi/Golf but im not 100% sold yet, so thats where you all come into play. I'm also looking at Celica, Matrix, RSX, and Grand Am. I need you guys to convince me big time to go VW

[Modified by Scowiland, 2:48 AM 4-9-2002][HR][/HR]​
Lets put it this way, I traded in my 2000 Honda S2000 for the GTI

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Convince me to buy a GTi/Golf (Code3Smith)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Lets put it this way, I traded in my 2000 Honda S2000 for the GTI
[HR][/HR]​
based on what I have heard about the S2000, *that* statement is impressive

·
Registered
68 Posts
Buy It

I had a 93 Corsica just like you and bought a dub. Big difference!! Get the Golf, Stay away from the rice. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
725 Posts
Re: Convince me to buy a GTi/Golf (mrdejected)

quote:[HR][/HR] this is the only reason i can think of to buy it
[HR][/HR]​
Pls tell me this is photochopped

....well, i always new i wanted a gti, so i went test drove a few cars (stratus R/T, wrx, celica, and last but not least gti) I could not get the grin out of my face for the whole day;
...and after i bought my gti i was smiling for the next 4 weeks!!
get a gti/golf, but its got to be turbo or vr6.
oh, if this helps too, every person (dad and ex-gf) have loved it and they did have a grin for the longest time too after driving my baby.
the fact of the matter is that u need to go test drive a few cars and decide it yourself.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: Convince me to buy a GTi/Golf (Wylien)

sorry... that's no pshopped car... It really does exist... and I don't know what's gone through the mind of that person... but i feel
when I look at that car...
Get GTI... you need convincing? :
GET THE GTI!!!

can't go wrong with a gti but it actually comes down to what your likings are. Drive the car that fits your needs the most. You can't have someone else make a decision for you.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.