VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says while I am driving my coolant bubble will overflow and leak out all my coolant. Then when ever i open my bubble coolant sprays out of the overflow hole. I have no idea what if going on with it so if you have any ideas on why this is happening please feel free to post.

My next question is about a mysterious squeaking noise coming from the front end of my 97 jetta. If i am at a high rpm and i let my foot off the gas the car tends to jerk forward and when i jerks i hear a squeak. Also in between ever gear i hear that squeak ant ideas on what it could be.

· Registered
8,055 Posts
Mine doesn't stop bubbling lightly as well, but for me I suspect it's the headgasket going. As I overheated my car a few times when my fan module stopped working a week ago.

When it bubbles, does the level go down slightly, and keep going down as it bubbles, or is it just bubbling, and not dropping? (when at idle, with the cap off)

· Registered
8,055 Posts
If the cap can not keep pressure, the system will not build pressure (upwards of 15 psi). As pressure increases, the boiling point of a liquid also increases. So the bubbles could just be the coolant boiling over.

· Registered
64 Posts
well the coolant is deff buiding up pressure cuz when i unscrew the cap the pressure releases and coolant goes everywhere
That is likely because it is hot and under pressure like any other car out there you are not suppose to open the overflow will the enigine is hot or it sprays out :rolleyes:

Might be a problem with the seals on the overflow, where is it bubbling out of? or is it just bubbling inside the overflow?

I had a similar problem with my car builidng up too much pressure (caused by mild over heating) and leaking coolant everywhere. Found out it was a coolant flange gasket problem once that was replaced pressure in the system went back to normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.