VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I pulled up to a car meet and I parked and got out, walked around my car then I just heard some weird noise I had never heard in my life and I look under the car. I see a stream on coolant just coming out so I pop the hood and surely enough my coolant reservoir is low and I just decided to go home on the coolant left in the car. Didn’t over heat at all on the trip back, and got home and it didn’t leak again. So I’m wondering if it’s a water pump from the research I’ve done it maybe sounded to me as it may of been a water pump, but just wanted to see if anyone could reassure my assumption or maybe tell me what possibly else it could be.

·
Registered
2013 vw mk6 jetta gli-Autobahn
674 Posts
Well, it could just be a hose. But, seems like it could be the Aux Secondary coolant (water) pump... if you heard a weird noise. But the regular water pump is always a possibility. Sorry, but it is time to remove the under splash shield and take a look around under for coolant.

My understanding, is the Aux pump usually runs after the car is turned off to keep circulating coolant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it could just be a hose. But, seems like it could be the Aux Secondary coolant (water) pump... if you heard a weird noise. But the regular water pump is always a possibility. Sorry, but it is time to remove the under splash shield and take a look around under for coolant.

My understanding, is the Aux pump usually runs after the car is turned off to keep circulating coolant.
Yeah I’m gonna look under today but hopefully it is just a hose but I’ll check the auxiliary water pump because it was making a weird noise thank you brother

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah I’m gonna look under today but hopefully it is just a hose but I’ll check the auxiliary water pump because it was making a weird noise thank you brother
where was the leak located? was it almost center of the vehicle? reason i ask is VW is notorious for water pump issues especially on 2.0t. Mine failed at 34k I kept noticing small drips dead center and the sweet burn smell then one day it was leaking like a slow little faucet. I lucked out mine was in warranty so towed it to the dealer they swapped it no issues even with car mods

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where was the leak located? was it almost center of the vehicle? reason i ask is VW is notorious for water pump issues especially on 2.0t. Mine failed at 34k I kept noticing small drips dead center and the sweet burn smell then one day it was leaking like a slow little faucet. I lucked out mine was in warranty so towed it to the dealer they swapped it no issues even with car mods
No it was more closer on the passages side rather than the middle

·
Registered
216 Posts
No it was more closer on the passages side rather than the middle
I am trying to remember my engine bay layout if im not mistaken our coolant res is on the passenger side. Both times my water pump went i had fluid dead center in the front. I would check for cracks in reservoir and hoses. Not sure where the secondary pump is located the person before mentioned

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.