VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

20241 - 20260 of 21937 Posts

·
Premium Member
'20 V60, '14 ATS
11,843 Posts
I went to the CVS drive through yesterday to pick up a prescription. I mean, why not? I needed nothing else from the store, you don't have to get out of the car, it's safer because you remain outside...

Once I had been boxed in, I realized that they were also doing drive through COVID testing at the same window. With about 15 minutes per test, I was in that line for close to an hour. I had no idea they had started that up.
That's just poor planning to merge those two activities into one line.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
My MIL will be joining us. My SIL decided that it would be better if she did as SIL and husband (very vulnerable) will be hosting 12 people from 3 different households and states. SMH

·
Premium Member
11,450 Posts
Good COVID (thread) news... the new forum software completely hides blocked/ignored users. Blake can kvetch into the void about hand washing and masks, but now nobody has to listen to it. 🙌

·
Registered
23,238 Posts
My sister is attending a friend's Thanksgiving. Only five people, but four different household bubbles.

Where's that facepalm emoji?
I dunno, but we have the poop and eggplant now.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
We cancelled all thanksgiving plans. Denver is an insane hotspot right now and I'm not wanting to risk it with my family and even our careful friends ad another layer to the bubble. Going to cook up a nice dinner with my girl and our doggo.

·
Registered
16,241 Posts
Does anyone else find it a bit unlikely, that all 3 vaccines have over 90% efficacy?
An interesting bit I read about the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine yesterday.... They did a weekly toothbrush up the nose sample of everyone in the trial so they picked up all the asymptomatic people. Moderna and PHE didn't do that.

As I've been saying, the data is incomplete. We should have really good data in 6 months on all the candidate vaccines since millions of people will have had the jab. I figure that by the time I'm eligible, I'll have a really good sense for safety and effectiveness for each vaccine. I'm not a front line worker. I'm not in a nursing home. I'm guessing my age gets me vaccinated in April with the May booster.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,843 Posts
An interesting bit I read about the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine yesterday.... They did a weekly toothbrush up the nose sample of everyone in the trial so they picked up all the asymptomatic people. Moderna and PHE didn't do that.

As I've been saying, the data is incomplete. We should have really good data in 6 months on all the candidate vaccines since millions of people will have had the jab. I figure that by the time I'm eligible, I'll have a really good sense for safety and effectiveness for each vaccine. I'm not a front line worker. I'm not in a nursing home. I'm guessing my age gets me vaccinated in April with the May booster.
Agreed, the slow rollout is going to help ease fears I think, assuming all goes well.

I, too don't expect to get it until late Spring. I am now at least hopeful that my Senior in HS, and his peers, will get it before they go away to college next fall.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
I'm assuming they are all using the same mechanism/technology and producing very similar vaccines?
Does anyone else find it a bit unlikely, that all 3 vaccines have over 90% efficacy?
I'm going to assume they're running the same vaccine, and Trump guaranteed they would not be tried for colluding and splitting the market (domestic and global) up when the vaccine is $100/shot to the people. Anti-trust matters are irrelevant in times of national/global security.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
20241 - 20260 of 21937 Posts