VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

20281 - 20300 of 21971 Posts

·
Registered
18,447 Posts

·
Registered
29,357 Posts
Unbelievable. It makes me want to make a comment about the events of WW2 and what this very particular cultural group are doing to themselves now during the pandemic, but it's not funny in the least.
The intersection of faith, religious freedoms and the realities of the pandemic have been... interesting.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
18,866 Posts
Well, got my Covid test back. Positive for me, my wife, and my tenant (who brought it to us as an EMT who transports COVID patients in DC). Even with isolation, it was still in the house, so now we are all positive. Taking a lot of Vitamin D to try to stave off the effects, but I am kind of worried.

·
Registered
23,243 Posts
Well, got my Covid test back. Positive for me, my wife, and my tenant (who brought it to us as an EMT who transports COVID patients in DC). Even with isolation, it was still in the house, so now we are all positive. Taking a lot of Vitamin D to try to stave off the effects, but I am kind of worried.
Damn, Chris, sorry to hear that. Hope you get through it easily. :(

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,369 Posts
Best wishes to you and your wife, pray all of you are asymptomatic, and experience no ill-effects. Also thank your house mate for putting him self on the line for those that can not. You got this!

·
Registered
82,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20,288
Wishing you and your family the best of luck, Chris.
It's such an unpredictable sickness.
One person gets it and it puts them in the hospital, another person of similar demographics gets it and they just get a cough and that's it. (shrug)
Hopefully we get widespread vaccines by next summer.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
18,866 Posts
Thanks, guys. Last week I had the fever of 101, and a slight cough. My wife had nausea and a few mild symptoms. We are both in the high risk group as we have underlying respiratory illnesses, so we've been pretty worried about getting it. But now, 9 days on since we came in contact with it, it seems like our case will be mild... seems weird with how deadly this disease can be, but I'm really hoping it doesn't turn worse. End of the week will be 14 days, so we're going to go back later next week for a follow up test to make sure it's run it's course.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Thanks, guys. Last week I had the fever of 101, and a slight cough. My wife had nausea and a few mild symptoms. We are both in the high risk group as we have underlying respiratory illnesses, so we've been pretty worried about getting it. But now, 9 days on since we came in contact with it, it seems like our case will be mild... seems weird with how deadly this disease can be, but I'm really hoping it doesn't turn worse. End of the week will be 14 days, so we're going to go back later next week for a follow up test to make sure it's run it's course.
I wish you and yours well.

·
Premium Member
'20 V60, '14 ATS
11,848 Posts
That sucks. Hopefully you all stay with the mild symptoms.

·
Registered
19,554 Posts
Dang, hope it stays a mild case.

We had 20,398 yesterday. Needless to say, we're not going anywhere for Thanksgiving and probably Christmas. Two people at my work are traveling to other major Texas cities for Thanksgiving - I will avoid contact with them until January at the earliest (luckily I'm not in the office the same days they are).

·
Registered
82,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20,293
Hory clap. Coworker (Trumspter) that just came back to work yesterday after being in really bad shape with Covid for two weeks (his doctor called his house making sure he doesn't need to go to ICU several times a day) just told a customer he still thinks the media over-hyped it worse that it was.
I literally spit out my drink while saying "you f*cking idiot" instinctively loud enough for him to hear me.
We have the freedom to be stupid.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Dang, hope it stays a mild case.

We had 20,398 yesterday. Needless to say, we're not going anywhere for Thanksgiving and probably Christmas. Two people at my work are traveling to other major Texas cities for Thanksgiving - I will avoid contact with them until January at the earliest (luckily I'm not in the office the same days they are).

We’re doing 1k per day in Bexar county, but the restaurants are still going. I’m still shocked at the number of people I’ve spoken to that are having a “smaller” thanksgiving, but still traveling and bringing different groups together.

Chris_V, I hope you feel better. Stay rested and hydrated.

·
Registered
29,357 Posts
Hory clap. Coworker (Trumspter) that just came back to work yesterday after being in really bad shape with Covid for two weeks (his doctor called his house making sure he doesn't need to go to ICU several times a day) just told a customer he still thinks the media over-hyped it worse that it was.
I literally spit out my drink while saying "you f*cking idiot" instinctively loud enough for him to hear me.
We have the freedom to be stupid.
God bless America! 🇱🇷

·
Registered
16,258 Posts
"Three Quarters of People with SARS-CoV-2 Infection are Asymptomatic: Analysis of English Household Survey Data" (asymptomatic on the day of the test)
This is confusing presympomatic with asymptomatic. It’s the problem with the COVID-19 pandemic. You’re infected and contagious before you show any symptoms. The usual numbers are that ~30% remain asymptomatic.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,687 Posts
This is confusing presympomatic with asymptomatic. It’s the problem with the COVID-19 pandemic. You’re infected and contagious before you show any symptoms. The usual numbers are that ~30% remain asymptomatic.
Source for that info? I've never heard that before but it's definitely interesting.

·
Registered
23,243 Posts
Source for that info? I've never heard that before but it's definitely interesting.
Most ranges I've seen are in that area as well. Typically, though, I've seen a lot of 20-40% ranges listed, with the upper end referenced from CDC studies. The jump, though, from these ranges all the way up to 75% needs some explaining, IMO.

Scientists Explore Why Some People Are Able To Live With An Infection Unscathed

https://med.stanford.edu/content/dam/sm/id/documents/COVID/AsymptCOVID_TransmissionShip.pdf

30 Percent of People With COVID-19 Show No Symptoms: Here’s Where They Carry It | Hartford HealthCare

·
Registered
29,357 Posts

A local super-spreader mega church has been fighting Los Angeles County over covid restrictions for months (even though a number of church goers have contracted the covid).
They have threaten to go all the way to the supreme court.
It looks like faith will trump common sense health guidance.

🤬

20281 - 20300 of 21971 Posts