VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've done pretty extensive searching. I am swapping a 1.8T into a G60 Corrado and don't plan for more than stock K03 horsepower for now. Is there anyone running a Mk4 or G60 SMIC on stock boost?

I know of the SMIC Mk3 kit BFI used to offer and an EIP option years and years ago.

Basically, I want to keep relatively OEM look and an OEM airbox and A/C condenser if I can and don't want to hack up the front rebar for a FMIC.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1992 Corrado 1.8T ATC motor/AWP harness, F21 turbo and Motoza tuning.
1,482 Posts
Hi guys, I've done pretty extensive searching. I am swapping a 1.8T into a G60 Corrado and don't plan for more than stock K03 horsepower for now. Is there anyone running a Mk4 or G60 SMIC on stock boost?

I know of the SMIC Mk3 kit BFI used to offer and an EIP option years and years ago.

Basically, I want to keep relatively OEM look and an OEM airbox and A/C condenser if I can and don't want to hack up the front rebar for a FMIC.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
If you use the Audi TT 225 intake manifold, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the stock G60 intercooler on stock boost. I have a 1.8T that still has my A/C working. You also have the option of AWIC but for stock boost I don't see the benefit for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.