VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Corrado G60
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

I'd seen this poster a few decades ago. I think I saw it in print in one of the many car magazine subscriptions I kept back in the 90s.
I always wanted one but never could buy it. I've never seen this illustration by David Kimble for sale.To this day, I've not been able to purchase it.

So I was surprised to find the graphic file on a picture host site specific to photographers.
The file was decent in depth and resolution and I was able to download it.

I sent the raw file to a friend who is a graphic artist. He removed any noise and tuned the color. Then he blew up the photo to it's largest size without distortion or pixelation. There was enough detail to create a wall poster.

The resulting graphic is 24" wide by 20" tall. So he sent it to one of his print vendors who committed the graphic to high quality art paper. They then cut a matte and framed it behind glass.

The final artwork is impressive and I have it hanging in my office behind my desk.

·
Registered
2018 Golf GTI Autobahn | 1993 VW Corrado SLC
6,491 Posts
I remember it; didn’t it appear in Road & Track, or Automobile?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I need another poster like I need a another corrado but I’m in if you do reprints.

I had a 1991 dealer poster, the red corrado poster like the sales brochure but gave it to G60247 when I downsized a decade ago before moving around the country. He has a red 1991 so it sits well with me for him to have it, a friend gave it to me back around 2000.

To add to your artwork thread here is what I have. In 2019 VW commissioned Elliot Aaron to do some painting. At Radwood Detroit I was able to get the one Corrado he painted quickly at the end of the event.

The same artist also did this Red Corrado that I believe Sean Maynard (head VW Corporate Enthusiast, what a title) had a few canvas prints made from that were used as VW door prizes or charity fund raisers.

http://instagr.am/p/B2ZwJBEnSi4/

·
Registered
627 Posts
Here is the one I have. Picked it up on eBay years ago. It's another dealer print. Not the greatest picture.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1990 Corrado G60
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's awesome. I'll take one
My graphic artist friend would gladly entertain more projects. However, I don't think I could sell these without the permission of the artist or copyright owner.

I thought about researching it and making this and other Corrado specific art available.
The printing, matting, and frame wasn't cheap -- i think because this was a one time production item that was done on demand.

I am also not confident the diminishing pool of Corrado enthusiasts would generate enough demand to make a production effort cost effective.

·
Registered
1995 GTI VR6 / 1990 Corrado g60 / 2000 A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro / 1997 Nissan Hardbody
2,207 Posts
Hey if selling it is a legal problem, you could always just give it out for free... 😁😁😁

What about linking us to the file and we can process and print it ourselves however we want?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am also not confident the diminishing pool of Corrado enthusiasts would generate enough demand to make a production effort cost effective.
I thought about researching it and making this and other Corrado specific art available.
The printing, matting, and frame wasn't cheap -- i think because this was a one time production item that was done on demand.

[/QUOTE]

Was about to type the same reply you did, PunaVr6(Haole.
Would be great to have the file you cleaned up. Each interested could customize the colour to match our own car.

If uneasy to post here, feel free to email it to [email protected]

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts