VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I hope everybody is doing well. I have a 1991 Corrado G60 with 60,000 kilometers mileage and very well taken cared off. I bought a remanufactured Bosch 25 lbs. injectors taken from a G60, used for about 9000 kilometers and was intalling it yesterday. The Bosch injectors are the same size and configuration as the one in my car except for the tip which is about 4mm longer. I hesitated to install this since i don't know much about this matter and reinstalled everything i removed so i can use my car. My question is this "will this work in my car even if the tip is 4mm longer?" I hope that someone in the know can enlighten me about this. Thank you. :confused:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I think they will work fine.
From what I have heard VW updated the tip design later to one that had better spray atomization. From what I recall it was the short with a single orifice to a later which was longer with multiple orifice flow points.
If your replacements were in fact for the corrado they probably got the improved (longer) tips installed after they were ultrasonically cleaned.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice, i truly appreciate it. I've done some bad mistakes in the past regarding parts that i've used that could have given me a problem. One serious mistake was using an Royal Purple ATF that wasn't designed for a Corrado. It's a good thing somebody in the forum advised me against continuing with it before it does some damage on my transmission. Referring to the injector the seller advised me that he removed it from the same car but when i tried to install it i saw that the tip was different from mine. I'm very thankful for your assurance. Have a good day. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.