VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my car has been sitting for a couple weeks in my dorm parking structure. It had a battery drain, and i've been trying to take care of it but i've been busy, so it's been a slow process. Today I went up there to take car of some stuff, and i noticed that someone had swiped my door (no real damage) and then continued into my driver side rear quarter. The arch is crushed pretty badly, paint chipped etc.
My question is, besides walking around trying to see who has red C paint on their car, what can I do? Should i even try to get ahold of police, or at least the parking office? Can anybody be liable for this? I'm pretty disappointed right now, thought it was going to be a start to a good day...

· Registered
9,298 Posts
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (brilliantyellowg60)

Quote, originally posted by brilliantyellowg60 »
insurance is your only option
the school likely wont care

Yea unfortunatly thats the truth. That would be no-fault coverage right?

· Registered
3,392 Posts
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (vwpunk)

Leave it where it is, call the police, take photos, get the police report and then contact your insurance carrier. also check and see if the parking garage has security cameras, this way you might be able to go back and see who the perp is.

· Registered
895 Posts
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (reticulan)

Quote, originally posted by reticulan »
Leave it where it is.......

C'mon, it's a corrado. Where is it going?
Sorry, had to take that opportunity. I had a similar thing happen a bunch of years ago to a Geo Metro that I had. Side swiped hard in a parking lot and ditched by the swipee. Nobody wanted to help me even the cops, because I had no evidence, even leaving it where it was and getting a report and all that jazz didn't do much good. Unfortunatly if no one saw it...then the only person liable is you.

· Registered
195 Posts
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (JayNiche)

Quote, originally posted by JayNiche »

Nobody wanted to help me even the cops

probably because it was a GEO

that sucks dude, insurance standpoint you dont have a case

· Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (oneromnala)

alright! the culprit has been found... a friend of mine hit it and didn't even know
. He drives a big f-150, just slid the front bumper across the door/fender when he was backing out i guess
. I gotta shake the money out of HIM for it now, i guess. I'll post pics of this incident soon.
In other news, i continued my plans and got my car started up for the first time in awhile. The bad news is that there's a coolant leak, and i can't find the source. From under the car, it looks like it is dripping off of the bottom pipe (the black-steel one almost directly under the radiator), near the middle of the pipe. Any ideas of what the problem could be? I was thinking it's either that pipe (help on what it is specifically?) or maybe the radiator
)
I'll post pics of that soon too.

· Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (LBSOHK)

Quote, originally posted by LBSOHK »
good thing he admitted it

take him out for a beer , then kill him if he doesnt pay you

the mood changes quickly!

but yea, that's happenin.

· Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (itskmill06)

Quote, originally posted by itskmill06 »

In other news, i continued my plans and got my car started up for the first time in awhile. The bad news is that there's a coolant leak, and i can't find the source. From under the car, it looks like it is dripping off of the bottom pipe (the black-steel one almost directly under the radiator), near the middle of the pipe. Any ideas of what the problem could be? I was thinking it's either that pipe (help on what it is specifically?) or maybe the radiator
)
I'll post pics of that soon too.

any idea on that situation?

· Registered
3,479 Posts
Re: Corrado hit in parking structure... what can i do? (DeckManDubs)

Quote, originally posted by DeckManDubs »

Classic sounds like a James Bond move

That would be a vodka martini...shaken, not stirred...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.