VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that the vortex description for the corrado forum says 'vw's last sport coupe'... not to dog on the corrado, but would anyone consider the gti a 'vw sport coupe'? or maybe just the 337? or maybe the beetle turbo s? opinions?
please, let's try not to turn this into a corrado vs. gti vs. beetle thread... thanks.

·
Banned
5,977 Posts
Re: corrado: last vw sport coupe? (genxguy)

I'd have to agree with the Tex on this one.
A hatchback is not a coupe.. neither is the beetle.. if anything that's 'the helmet'

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Re: corrado: last vw sport coupe? (Mindflux)

yeah the Corrado was the true "Sports Coupe" meaning two door sports car.
now the GTI fits in the "Sports Hatchback" class...i'm not going to get picky...its still as fun as my corrado was.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: corrado: last vw sport coupe? (Mindflux)

quote:[HR][/HR]
if anything that's 'the helmet'
[HR][/HR]​
LOL

·
Banned
5,977 Posts

I'm totally serious, if you put little flanges on the front and back bumper, it would totally look like an old WWII War Helmet.
.. german even

·
Registered
600 Posts

I don't see why people refer to the Corrado as a coupe...it has a hatch, and should therefore be considered a hatchback.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: corrado: last vw sport coupe? (G)

The GTI is a great car, but it is no more a coupe than a MINI, Civic Si, or a Focus SVT

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't see why people refer to the Corrado as a coupe...it has a hatch, and should therefore be considered a hatchback.[HR][/HR]​
Would you then consider Porsche 928 and C5 Vette hatchbacks?

·
Registered
625 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't see why people refer to the Corrado as a coupe...it has a hatch, and should therefore be considered a hatchback.[HR][/HR]​
It's considered a coupe because the hatch is very slanted. Same way a Corvette, Porsche 928, or even Mustangs and Camaro's are considered coupes. The GTI/Golf is more upright.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Many people also refer to them as "fastback" coupes as well. Like the '69 "Fastback" Mustang. It is the one with the slanted rear hatch, called a fastback to seperate it from the coupe which simply had a trunk.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: corrado: last vw sport coupe? (RoofusX)

isn't there some talk of making a 2dr jetta? or am i thinking of a project car from somewhere? now that would be a nice 'sport coupe'...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts