VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a G60, i can shift it in and out of gear without the clutch peddle even when its running, im pretty sure its the clutch, my problem is that i cant get a g60 clutch anytime soon and they are outragously expensive, so i was wondering if any other setup would work like a 16v cluth

·
Registered
16,487 Posts
Re: Corrado problem (Nuzzi)

Sorry but you can no use a 16V clutch. But you can use any 5spd VR6 clutch and these regularly sell for under $200 on ebay and can probablly be had for a price under $200 at http://www.germanautoparts.com
But I'm unclear of your cause for your need to not use a clutch peddle. Will you decribe your problem in depth a little more. Are you still able to drive the car with this problem? Are you having problems with clutch slipping symptoms while climbing hills? Do you get any response by pushing in the clutch peddel?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Corrado problem (G60ING)

hey man, i just got the car, supposedly the kid before me said that it was driving fine no slipping, then it started getting more and more difficult to shift into gears, then finally it just would not go into any gear, like the clutch wouldnt disengage. after that he replaced the slave cylinder in hopes it would fix it, then he didnt know how to bleed so thats when i came in, i said i would bring it to a shop and split the bill, well even after getting it all bled right( now the pedal has pressure but its still kinda soft) it still wont work. now its as if the clutch is permantly disengaged, like your foot is always on the pedal. even when its running i can shift through all the gears without the pedal, i had a freind look at it and we figured maybe the master cylinder cuz we did notice some leakage around the reservoir and since the slave went shouldnt you replace them both at the same time? its either that or the guy at the shop said the clutch is just totally wasted, we ruled out the input shaft on the tranny since it does grind lightly putting it in gear and when in gear you can hear a very faint brushing noise, almost like the clutch is just barely making contact, this is my first corrado and i dont want to get screwed since i didnt fully buy the car yet so any help before i close the deal would be great, thanks

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

oh yeah and the shop checked the tranny for oil too, it was fine, im really going more towards the master cyl. since the clutch was fine before, also the power steering pump is shot its like a manual rack, ( i hope its just the pump) so can i just use any 8v pump and switch the pullys? g60 pumps are like 250 bucks new

·
Registered
16,487 Posts

when a hydralic clutch goes bad the clutch pedal will just sit on the floor and need to be pulled up after veing pressed in. I think you will have to pull the tranny and take a look at the clutch. It could be the springs have exploded on the clutch plate. I've seen that once or twice. Its a labor intensive job but it sounds like it might be unavoidable. But since I'm not there to actually sense the problems I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Corrado problem (G60ING)

im going to put a new clutch master in and see what happens, i dont think its the clutch, it could be though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts