VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Corrado Rush @ Treffen is getting closer & closer, I've been getting a few IMs about who is leaving from where & if there are any organized caravans. Obviously I don't know what's going on w/ everyone in my "area" so if you could post when you're planning to leave and from where, it would be helpful for everyone.
**EDIT** Alright, my plans are pretty much finalized, I am leaving Oshkosh @ 6:45 Saturday morning so I can meet up w/ the VENOM caravan in Milwaukee @ 8:00. If you wanna caravan down Hwy 41 w/ me, shoot me an IM.
Here's a helpful list of things to bring to Treffen:
Cash!
Sunscreen
Water or other (non alcoholic) beverage of choice
Snacks
A chair
Tools
Car care products
Brian

Modified by ButchHusky at 10:15 AM 8-12-2003

· Registered
6,259 Posts
Re: Corrado Rush: WI, UP, MN, ND & SD roll call (ButchHusky)

we are planning to avoid milw rush hour this year, and getting lost. Neither are fun.
The appleton "crew"
is probably leaving around 9 or 10am so we get to Treffen at about 12 or 1 pm. This way, we don't have to work friday
, avoid any sort of traffic, and can get there early enough to dip in the pool perhaps, and get ready for the festivities.
Hopefully we could meet up with some of the Milwaukee dubbers on they way down? Kenosha or Racine?

· Registered
13,797 Posts
Re: Corrado Rush: WI, UP, MN, ND & SD roll call (Schnell-Corrado)

ok ive been sitting here for like a minute trying to figure this out, whats UP?
"Re: Corrado Rush: WI, UP , MN, ND & SD roll call (Schnell-Corrado)"

· Registered
6,153 Posts
I have off Thursday and Friday before... Need a day to clean my beauty up... My plans are to have a good time.. with fellow dubbers.. other than that.. nothing is solid. I had tenatively planned on heading down friday during the day.. morning or mid day.. either are fine with me. I have a room for Friday night at the Best Western...

· Registered
9,463 Posts
Re: Corrado Rush: WI, UP, MN, ND & SD roll call (groesche)

Don't know if I'm the lone SD Corrado owner on here, but sadly my car won't be ready for C Rush
, I'm trying to convince the spouse that we HAVE to go regardless
Is someone going to make a Rush video? I know I'd buy one.

· Registered
283 Posts
Re: Corrado Rush: WI, UP, MN, ND & SD roll call (HeadlinerG60)

I am coming from the UP and heading down Saturday morning....bright and early.....friday might also be a possibility too....but as of now saturday morning

· Registered
2,777 Posts
Re: Corrado Rush: WI, UP, MN, ND & SD roll call (HeadlinerG60)

Quote, originally posted by HeadlinerG60 »
Don't know if I'm the lone SD Corrado owner on here, but sadly my car won't be ready for C Rush
, I'm trying to convince the spouse that we HAVE to go regardless
Is someone going to make a Rush video? I know I'd buy one.

now thats a shame. would be great to have a car from SD there. get it towed there if you need to. the cars need not be in 'running' order for the gathering.

and we have a couple people designated as photographers. i'm sure video can be worked in as well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
6,153 Posts
lemans - yes it is... That's while I'll have to rush home late on Saturday... so I can get some sleep before getting up to shoot pics @ RA all day Sunday.
Also, I should have one or two professional digital camera's at the show.. I'll be taking tons of pics.. I think with doing that.. it would be too hard to shoot video too.. but I have a friend coming.. I could see if he wants to shoot some video... I have access to a nice dv cam.

· Registered
6,153 Posts
I shoot for the PR person at RA.. as a volunteer. I shoot as a volunteer for EAA as well.. in my spare time during the airshow.
It gets me a magazine cover everyone once in a while.. and some calendar pics.... and some other published pics.. in EAA's mags. I haven't seen RA use any of my shots.. but I only started shooting last summer for them... and I shoot all digital for them.. so you never know if it's high enough quality for their print use.. @ EAA I shoot both film and digital... so I have equal chances for exposure.. via web and print.

· Registered
6,259 Posts
Re: (Barren)

very cool Barren! I'm pretty into photography and would like to get into something like that. I started a photo-club at UW-Stout :0
back to the corrado rush
so what time should the Appleton 'crew'
leave? I'm thinking 9, which will turn into 10 by the time we get on 41

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.